How do you handle your quilt show submissions?

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 321
on 20 Jan 2010 7:17 AM

Do you sometimes find it hard to keep track of all your quilt show entries? There are so many dates to remember—submission deadlines, when the quilts have to arrive at the show, etc.—and it becomes especially confusing when you’re entering more than one show at a time.

Robbi Joy Eklow shared her method of using calendars to organize her quilt show entries in “Organized Entries,” on page 74 of the February/March 2010 issue of Quilting Arts. Staying organized keeps stress levels low and ensures that the quilting stays fun.

What are your favorite ways to keep your submissions organized? Ask questions and share your own tried-and-true methods here!  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 902
Muppin wrote
on 20 Jan 2010 9:16 PM

I can't wait to see what Robbi says, but personally, I use Lyric Kinard's website of show entry dates to help me plan what things I might enter, and I write down the entry dates in a special color in my calendar.  I also make a note about 10 days out on the calendar from any due date so that as I come across the date I can see if I have my submission ready or not.  If I can pull myself together to enter, I do.  If at the "10 day out" date I'm going to be frantic, I skip it. 

My calendar is full of colors.  One for work trips and work info, one for my family info, one for quilt entry dates, etc. 

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 24
nor easter wrote
on 25 Jan 2010 10:40 AM

I received my Feb/March 2010 issue of QA on Saturday night and have just now come up for air!  I think this is the best issue ever!!  Great job!

I hesitate to mention it in this artistic company, but my life is pretty much run by my computer.  Although I am just starting to enter shows, I've been coordinating website design, message board administration, classes (one with Lyric Kinard coming up next month!!), project status, business contacts and that kind of thing by using the calendars in MS Outlook 2007.  I created a sepatate calendar for each type of activity using a different color and Outlook allows me to view and/or print them separately or layered.   Robbi's article will be close at hand for guidance as I set up new calendars for quilt show entries.  Thank you so much for the timely advice!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS