Zip Dot Hoodie

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
happy1713 wrote
on 16 Feb 2010 4:54 PM

I am having trouble with the Zip Dot Hoodie instruction #19. I am not quite understanding how I am supposed to stitch the lining to the cuff seam. Can someone please give me some insight to this? Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
happy1713 wrote
on 16 Feb 2010 6:14 PM

I forgot to mention this pattern is from the Fall 2009 Stitch Magazine.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 892
Muppin wrote
on 17 Feb 2010 6:36 AM

Hi Happy1713-

I moved your question to the Stitch magazine area so that someone can help you.  I will see if someone from the magazine can chime in.

Thanks,

Cheryl / Muppin

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on 22 Feb 2010 9:34 AM

Hi happy1713,

I am from the Stitch team and I had the technical editor for that project take a look. Here is her response, let us know if this doesn't answer your question,

To begin, try closing your eyes and visualizing the jacket on a body as you stand behind. The lining is in place, with its wrong side against the jacket wrong side. The sleeve hems are still unfinished, though, and there is an opening in the jacket body's hem (the lining-to-shell seam) at the center back.

Reach one hand into the hemline opening at the center back, between the jacket and the lining. Slide the hand between the shell and the lining, up to one armhole, then down the sleeve, still between the lining and the shell fabric. Grasp the raw edges of both the shell and lining at the sleeve hemline and pull the sleeve back through the opening at the center back, turning the sleeve inside out. Now the sleeve and its lining will be right sides together. Sew the hem, then slip the sleeve back into position, turning it right side out again.

Repeat the process to finish the second sleeve.

In the next step you'll do the same thing, this time entering the space between the lining and shell through the opening left in one sleeve lining. You'll grasp the raw edges at the center back opening and pull them to the sleeve opening. Then the center back opening can be stitched and returned to its place.

I hope this helps,
Katrina
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS