I Love My Janome Machine! Anyone else try it?

This post has 9 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
khusty wrote
on 3 Mar 2010 2:06 PM

Hi....I am considering a NEW machine and would love to hear about your Janome.....like what model it is and what you like and dislike.

Thanks,

Karin

Not Ranked
Posts 3
pennya2 wrote
on 3 Mar 2010 5:58 PM

Karin,It is called The Expression by Janome.

It is just so simple to use.I use a water soluable sheet underneath the wool just to stablise what I am working on.Just google it. It just felts,does not do anything else fancy.The embroidery,etc.you see in thje pics is all hand done.

Regards,Penny

Not Ranked
Posts 1
kkandrews wrote
on 4 Mar 2010 5:13 AM

I have three Janome machines and love them all.  I started out with a Sew Precise (which I don't think is made anymore).  Liked it so well that when there was a close out model, I bought another one.  It has a free are which is nice when top stitching something round, like a bag or purse.

Last year I bought a 6600.  It's probably smarter than I am, but the instruction manual is good and my home quilt shop, Quilter's Emporium in Stafford, Texas is available if I have questions.  I love the automatic thread cutter button and the neddle up feature.  I'm still learning.

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 903
Muppin wrote
on 4 Mar 2010 8:42 AM

Penny-

Is your machine a felting machine only?  That's quite a bit different than a regular sewing machine. You did some great things with it!

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
khusty wrote
on 4 Mar 2010 9:51 AM

Thanks for the info ladies!  I am looking for a NEW machine for sewing and quilting....i have read LOTS of MIXED REVIEWS on the Janome's...particularly the 6600 and the 9500 (the new one).  I am a bit frightened of the BAD review about service and such???  But i just can't afford a Bernina!  I have a Bernina 830...my mother's machine which is still running like a champ...but i want all the bells and whistles of a NEW Computerized machine.  Help???  Any advice is appreciated!

I am an Art Quilter and like to embroider a bit...but not my main focus...but could be.

Karin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 13
dipart57 wrote
on 4 Mar 2010 2:08 PM

Hi Karin, I can only comment on  my experience with the Janome machine which I bought about 4 years ago. It is a janome 6500 and I absolutely love it. I had a really old pfaff before this one and I still use it for taking to classes as it is smaller and lighter but for anything else I use the Janome . It is a great machine and I use it for a lot of arty things, have been sewing on paper and fabric paper quite a lot lately and also using lots of different threads from rayons to metallics and everything in between and the machine has handled everything brilliantly. The things I particularly like are that you can see the bobbin so I never run out of bobbin thread in the middle of something, the knot and cut button to finish your stitching automatically and the knee lift so you can keep both hands on your work when you raise the presser foot. I also like the bigger space under the arm of the machine for fitting in quilts or when you are stitching something that isn't very flexible, sometimes you don't want to scrunch up your paper too much to get it under the needle! I have a couple of friends who have the 6600 model and they also love their machines so we are very happy campers and haven't experienced any service problems so if you do go ahead and buy one I'm sure you're going to love it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
khusty wrote
on 4 Mar 2010 2:25 PM

Thank you so much!  I appreciate the info!  What very nice people we artists are!!!! Ha!  Peace.

Karin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
khusty wrote
on 9 Mar 2010 6:08 PM

Well ladies...i took the plunge and ordered a MC9500...to be on my doorstep in 2 days!  Bot on the internet for 1399.00  new  from Sewinginusa.com  and i am so excited i just can't stand it!  Will write a reveiw when arrives....they say i have a 5 year extended warranty too!

thanks for all the help deciding!

Karin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 13 Mar 2010 5:58 AM

I just wanted to let you know that there is another thread/discussion about sewing machines on the forum that might be of interest to you.  It is about what sewing machines they use.

http://quiltingdaily.com/forums/t/1085.aspx

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS