Subscription question

This post has 7 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99
pandabolt wrote
on 29 Jun 2010 10:18 AM

I am quite fascinated by this concept.  My question is this:  when one pays the $14.95 is that just for the one issue?  Or is it a year's subscription?  Or monthly?  I'm confused on just exactly what my money is buying, I guess.

I swore that i would never go this route!  I don't really enjoy sitting at the computer to read, and i like being able to see the full spread of a magazine, but I am so intriqued by the electronic options of videos, close-ups, etc.  Sitting at the computer and reading will never replace curling up on the couch and reading for me, but I definitely want to be open-minded enough to at least explore this new way of gathering information.

Thanks for your help here.

Peggy Holt

Missoula, Montana

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 29 Jun 2010 10:25 AM

Peggy,

It's for this issue. Think of it like  a special issue such as our special print publications such as Quilting Arts GIFTS or International Quilt Festival: QUILT SCENE. Thanks for your interest!

Pokey Bolton

Founder of Quilting Arts Magazine

TV Host, Quilting Arts on PBS

Not Ranked
Posts 2
janiebird wrote
on 29 Jun 2010 10:35 AM

Peggy, I have similar feelings about the new e-mag.  One of my concerns is being able to print out articles we want to keep.. Will this be possible? I have several years' worth of QA's, which I return to several times a year.....I hate the thought of losing good info if my computer crashes!( However, being able to watch artisans teach techniques is wonderful......)

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Justine3 wrote
on 29 Jun 2010 12:36 PM

I will be buying this special issue but I am also of the "read on the couch" persuasion! I don't own one of the electronic reading gizmos like a Kindle(yet) but I was curious if one could read the eMagazine using one of these devices. Justine

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 29 Jun 2010 2:29 PM

JanieBird,

There are aspects of the eMag that you can print, but since the videos/ images are embedded, it's meant to be viewed on screen/ online so you can take advantage of all of the features.

Pokey Bolton

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 29 Jun 2010 2:32 PM

Justine, 

Being the couch potato that I am in my downtime, I relate! Not compatible with the KIndle or iPad at the moment but that's not to say things wont change in the future. The digital age is an exciting one...

Pokey Bolton

Not Ranked
Posts 10
ses4 wrote
on 29 Jun 2010 3:03 PM

I own a PC home computer but also have an iphone and ipad.  I bought the PC version of In Stitches.  Is there a way to read it on my ipad or iphone without buying a second copy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 248
on 30 Jun 2010 7:41 AM

Hi ses4,

We hope you're enjoying it! At this point it's not compatible with the iPad or iPhone (not available through iTunes). However, as Pokey said: "that's not to say things won't change in the future. The digital age is an exciting one..."

Helen Gregory
Editorial Director for Interweave's Quilt, Paper, & Sewing Group

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS