Updated version of magazine/size of download cumbersome

This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 26
maeve4 wrote
on 13 Jul 2010 6:59 PM

I have to agree with Mara in one of the topics in this particular forum.  I use broadband where I live and it takes me a l-o-n-g time to download something as large as this magazine.  Anyway to simplify this?  I received an email concerning an updated version of the emagazine so I attempted to download it last night and failed.  I tried again today and it took well over an hour.  (I live on a hilltop in the woods near the mountains so I can't get the high speed Internet I long for!)  When I looked at the updated version, I honestly could not find the "new stuff" (could you please give me a hint as to where to look for it - I've definitely got the newest version uploaded onto my computer, no doubt there, but it all looks the same as before!).  I don't know if I will purchase it again since it is so cumbersome to download, and it is expensive.  But I have enjoyed this first issue for sure.  Please update your customers if you make any changes to this procedure before we decide to download another issue.  Thanks!

I love the magazine, it is fascinating and you did a great job of incorporating many techniques with which to obtain information (websites, videos, slide shows, etc.).  I would love to have the option to at least print out the articles, knowing that the slide shows and videos are not printable.  Lists of supplies and tips & hints should also be printable, strictly for convenience!  Keeping a notebook to go along with the "show" (the magazine) would definitely be a help.  I enjoy the paper magazines (QA and CPS) very much and can't imagine not having them "in hand" to look at over and over again.  Thanks for all the great work on all your publications!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 23
stitchgirl2 wrote
on 15 Jul 2010 11:02 PM

I also downloaded the updated version, but did not find anything different either.  Would someone be so kind as to point out where the new updated free patterns are in this edition?  Thank you.

(Love the emag --think it is a fabulous format, but probably will not purchase it again because of the price.  That said, I understand what a work it must have been to put together, with the video clips, links, etc.  Very much appreciate what it is!)

Stitchgirl2

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
on 16 Jul 2010 11:54 AM

Thank you both for your input.    In the future, we will make sure it is clear what the updates are.  The  updated version that you downloaded has full abilities for printing the following projects.

- Brubaker Knapp fabric vases
- Viv Sliwka brooches

I hope you are enjoying your summer. :)

Sally

Sally Murray
Interweave - Quilt/Paper Group
Sudbury Office Manager

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 26
maeve4 wrote
on 16 Jul 2010 12:01 PM

Thank you, Sally, for your reply.  I am certain many of us would appreciate knowing what exactly the updates are if there should be more.  That way, we know whether to download the entire magazine again.  If it was a video of importance to an article, I might consider doing it.  For these patterns, I would not have done it.  It took sooooooo long for me!  I don't think I will EVER have DSL where I live.  And broadband isn't much better than dial-up sometimes.  Thanks again!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
ValerieL2 wrote
on 22 Jul 2010 5:53 PM

I also wish I could have had the option to print out the articles.  As much as I think the emag looks nice--I really don't want to take a lot of hand notes if I am to try out some of the techniques.  Please fix this if possible.

Thanks.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 892
Muppin wrote
on 22 Jul 2010 5:59 PM
Hey Valerie- the QA crew is currently at Long Beach quilt show. They will be looking at all of these suggestions when they get back for future issues. Cheryl / Muppin
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS