Wide Quilt Binding - as for quilted placemats

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
LynneV3 wrote
on 22 Jul 2010 12:41 PM

Hello - this is a suggestion to try for anyone who has a need for wide binding for their project. I needed a 1.5 inch binding for some quilted place mats and I wanted to use heavy fabric for durability (I used Kona cotton and medium weight fusible interfacing).  The standard method for mitered corners for binding did not work at all. Even when I cut out the interfacing at the corner. The place mats languished in a corner for a loooong time. Then I bought "Sensational Sashiko" by Sharon Pederson, and the answer was right there on page 31! It works beautifully. Here is a web site with pictures if you don't have any of Sharon's books: http://jovaliquilts.blogspot.com/2009/02/stitched-in-corners-binding-tutorial.html . Oh, and if you are as lousy at precisely following directions as I am... word to the wise... this is a time to be precise. I learned the hard way! Happy finishing!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 890
Muppin wrote
on 22 Jul 2010 6:04 PM
Lynne- thanks for the tip! Its great to hear when someone tries something and reports on it. Cheryl / Muppin
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
2Victory wrote
on 24 Jul 2010 9:00 AM

i tried the website you suggested and got a message that it wasn't there. i like it too when people share their experience and tips. thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS