Re: what sewing machine do you use?

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
eileenkny wrote
on 24 Aug 2010 7:16 AM

DH bought me a Babylock Quest last year. I've never been able to bond with this machine but I can't sell it-nobody is willing to pay what I did, and I got it at a show for a great discount. I'd love to be able to either fall in love with it or move on but I can't afford it unless I sell the Quest. Any suggestions?

Eileen Keane, www.designingquilts.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 88
hpthecat wrote
on 24 Aug 2010 8:30 PM

I am so sorry for what you are going through!  I can't help, but I just feel for you and want to send some support.

I really hope these manufacturer's are reading these boards, seriously.

What good is it to companies reputation if their machine can't even hold a resale value after someone spent thousands of dollars and potentially interest for something.That is why I question what the "real" value of these machines is to begin with...

Will Babylock give you a fair trade?? Or do you want to switch manufacturer's altogether??

Reading these kinds of stories really bothers me....I am learning ....go sssssllllllooooooowwwwww, and be really sure of what you want, because whatever you buy...... that is it, for a long long time unless you have money to throw in the fireplace......

Best of Luck to you....

Bernina 820, Babylock Evolution, Babylock Embellisher, Babylock Audrey.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 27 Aug 2010 2:53 AM

Well.......I had a Janome 6500 and now I upgraded it to a Bernina 440 .. I would use the Bernina stitch regulator if using machine quilt withit. I use a handi quilter 16 for quilting...now.I think when i upgraded it it gives the good result as compare to the previous one.

Embroidery Machine

Embroidery Designs

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Judith Sala wrote
on 2 Sep 2010 11:34 AM

I have a Bernina 730 and a Bernina 200 that I use for embroidery I quilt with a Baby Lock Crown Jewel.  I use the 730bsr mostly for thread work and special effects.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS