Re: what sewing machine do you use?

This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 21
eileenkny wrote
on 24 Aug 2010 7:16 AM

DH bought me a Babylock Quest last year. I've never been able to bond with this machine but I can't sell it-nobody is willing to pay what I did, and I got it at a show for a great discount. I'd love to be able to either fall in love with it or move on but I can't afford it unless I sell the Quest. Any suggestions?

Eileen Keane, www.designingquilts.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 468
okieLinda wrote
on 25 Aug 2010 6:48 AM
I dont know about the machine your talking about but Im a expert on selling stuff and the psychology of it , sell two things one you lose on ok, one you make something on and total it together in your head so it makes it ok to lose on one :) or better yet remember something you sold before and made a profit and just add it to the machine , one way or other just tell yourself you did good and go on to one you do like. Short term you might lose but long term you win . Its like replacing a bad man , just got to be done and you try to get the best possible next time :) And as for the shortfall not letting you get the one you "need" have a garage sale or save up or whatever it takes until you can , Ive always found where there is a will there is a way , Good Luck
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 226
ckquilter wrote
on 26 Aug 2010 12:06 AM
would any of the localdealers take it in partial trade for a different machine?? i don't know how expensive your quest was - but maybe with it and a small additional amount you could swap it. ckquilter
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS