name tag

This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Mary Flaum wrote
on 16 Dec 2010 2:23 PM

I just joined an art quilt group and before the January meeting we are suppose to make a name tag. Now these gals are EXTREMELY  creative and i'm a bit intimidated.   Any ideas for a really cool name tag? All suggestions welcome :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 890
Muppin wrote
on 16 Dec 2010 2:53 PM

Hmm... There's so many cool things you could do!  Beads, sequins, lots of flashy stuff?  Do you have the latest QA issue?  The 10 techniques this month are cool ideas for an artsy name tag.

Please post what you end up making!

Cheryl / Muppin

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Mary Flaum wrote
on 16 Dec 2010 6:25 PM

no I don't have the latest QA  (I just got a subscription today) but I will try to pick one up tomorrow.  I need some inspiration.  Thanks for the suggestions

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 890
Muppin wrote
on 17 Dec 2010 7:11 AM

It's a great issue this month, the QA folks outdid themselves.

But more things you can try are using white paint on a dark fabric to artfully paint your name on the tag, using glitzy stuff like angelina that will sparkle, or those hot fix crystals to spell out your name.  (I would not suggest the latter for folks with long names, those crystals can be expensive!)

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 116
on 11 Jan 2011 5:31 PM

I'm in the same boat.  I haven't been to a meeting to see what others are doing.  I printed out my name on a piece of handpainted fabric, and that is as far as I've gotten!  I keep looking at it taunting me, but I don't know what I want to do to it!  Maybe we should treat them as an artist trading card and just jump in and do it!

Barbara Triscari   ~Artsi Fartsi Triscartsi~ 

www.triscartsi.com       www.betoncat.com    www.Triscartsi.etsy.com     www.betoncat.etsy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 429
on 24 Jan 2011 7:09 AM

Hi Barbara,

How did the name tag making go? We would love to see the one that you made!

Lindsey Murray

Quilting Arts Magazine

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 116
on 24 Jan 2011 7:39 AM

still putting it off, but I have my first bee meeting this week so if I haven't done it by then, I'll take it with me to do there.  I'm thinking I will make a simple one now and then get some ideas and then I will have a backup!

www.triscartsi.com       www.betoncat.com    www.Triscartsi.etsy.com     www.betoncat.etsy.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 116
on 31 Jan 2011 10:33 AM

I'm not much for putting holes in my shirts, so I decided to go with a lanyard style.  This is made with my hand dyed and hand painted fabrics and fibers.  Some beads to embellish!  Now I'm off to make a scarf since I liked it so much!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 116
on 31 Jan 2011 10:35 AM

I forgot to mention the name tag fabric was fabric I painted that was laid over antique keys I got while living in Italy.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 890
Muppin wrote
on 31 Jan 2011 12:22 PM

Oh, Barbara, it's WONDERFUL!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 429
on 31 Jan 2011 12:35 PM

Great job, Barbara!!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS