Ironing Round

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 88
hpthecat wrote
on 18 Apr 2011 1:59 AM

It all started when I decided to make a quilt that which is made up of 20 inch blocks that have 18 inch appliques fused on. I just wasn't 'feeling it' about using a traditional ironing board. Once I get the applique resting where I want it-- I don't want to move the block to get from one portion of the applique to another. 

When I found a Bon Nash ironing board cover at a local fabric store that is closing, I thought.....oh yes! That will do!

So I bought a 24inch round piece of wood, some wood screws and washers and a little thin cotton batting and re-purposed a crumby old utility table I already had--

The "Round" is not mounted to the table. It's heavy enough to stay put on the table while ironing is in process, but I can turn it without touching my work-- OR-- I can lift it off and set it on another surface if need be. The height is good for a sitting down person, or for good reach and leverage while standing.

Bernina 820, Babylock Evolution, Babylock Embellisher, Babylock Audrey.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 468
okieLinda wrote
on 18 Apr 2011 8:19 AM

Good Job , Whatever works for you is a good thing, I have a large door cutting ironing table but you ask me my little padded board on my footstool gets the most of the everyday stuff . I have a new Shark steaming iron but recently saw a  little black and decker Gizmo and couldnt find it at the store so bought a new one on Ebay , its so much easier on the little things that need to be done all the time

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS