How are you "growing" your art career or business this spring?

This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
jane davila wrote
on 23 May 2011 7:05 PM

Just wondering what specific steps everyone is planning to take on their art career this spring?

So far this spring I have:

• Ordered new business cards
  • Updated my workshops flyer
  • Gathered in one place all of the info I need to update my website
  • Updated my email mailing list
  • Made a list of venues to submit teaching info to
  • Researched new products to release including packaging options
  • Organized my work space and my files

What's on your list? :)

Jane

Jane Davila

editor, Quilting Arts In Stitches emagazine

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 907
Muppin wrote
on 24 May 2011 7:38 AM

Wow, Jane!  I'm so impressed!  I can barely remember to do one of those things!  I love your articles in QA and want to thank you for your mentorship!

So, I guess I need to start with business cards, I have been out for a while.  And I'm working on my brochure for teaching locally.   I also have a mental promise to myself to blog at least once a week.

Thanks!!

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
jane davila wrote
on 24 May 2011 8:29 AM

Cheryl:
Have you used moo.com for business cards before? They are wonderful and their "moosletter" is jam packed full of great ideas to market yourself.

I need to work on my blogging. I find of fell off the wagon once Facebook came along, lol.

Jane

Jane Davila

editor, Quilting Arts In Stitches emagazine

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 468
okieLinda wrote
on 25 May 2011 8:17 AM

my daughter got a webpage started at wackadoodle.co  and my son made me some business cards with vista that are great, dont know if it will help or not but at least I feel like I'm doing something , to me that part just gets in the way of my quilting which I love , business is a whole differant animal than trying to create something new and my brain cant do both at the same time, would love to hear how others span the divide :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 220
Peggy Szasz wrote
on 26 May 2011 4:27 AM

After the new year dawned, I decided to streamline my business.  I wanted to have more control over my quilts. I now have all my inventory back from stores and galleries.  I took a couple of weeks to photograph the quilts I got back from the stores.  Then I started listing them on my Etsy site.  I keep my Etsy site tidy and organized and the more sells I get, the more sells I will get.  I am now in control of everything.  My business is blooming and it is directly related to making Etsy work.  If you would like to take a look at my site it is www.northernskyquilts.etsy.com .  Happy spring! Peggy 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS