June/July 2011 issue dissapointment

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on 2 Jun 2011 11:38 AM

When this issue of Quilting Arts arrived this month I was very dissappointed that Margot Lovenger was not included.  She does amazing things with portrait quilts and I was expecting she'd be featured.  I guess they pulled her at the last minute.  What a shame, our loss for not getting to see what wonderful work she does and the very interesting way she works. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 235
on 2 Jun 2011 2:43 PM

Hello Beth,

Thank you for your comment. We had  hoped to feature Margot Lovinger's work in this issue of Quilting Arts Magazine; her portrait quilts are incredible and Margot is both talented and visionary in her approach to art quilting. However, we were unable to get high-resolution photos of Margot's work and her work was also not available for us to shoot in-house with our photographer.

We know how much our readers value high quality photographs in Quilting Arts Magazine and how important it is for us to present an artist's work in the best way possible. Therefore we chose not to run the article at this time. We have been in contact with Margot and we are very much looking forward to featuring her work next year.

Best,

Ellen Seeburger

Assistant Editor

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS