June/July issue in th uk

This post has 11 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Amandals wrote
on 6 Jun 2011 3:23 AM | Locked

Hi

I bought my first copy of quilting arts last month in the uk and wondered if anyone knows what date the new issue will be on sale here (i bought it from WH Smiths last time).

Thanks

Amanda

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 133
on 6 Jun 2011 4:53 AM | Locked

Hi Amanda

I'd look out for the June/July issue now - I have QA by digital version and I have the latest issue, as always about 10 days before the month its due.  I know digital isn't for everyone as people like the physical magazine - but as a UKer its much more affordable to get it that way.  And it has benefits, as in the links with the articles are "live"  - click on them and those in the adverts to take you instantly to further information.  The new issue you are looking for has a little Westie dog on the front cover.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Amandals wrote
on 6 Jun 2011 5:12 AM | Locked

Hi Beverly

Thanks i'll have another look if its in Smiths next time in town.  I did wonder about the digital version but didnt know whether id miss having a phsyical version to look at when im out and about!

amanda

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Amandals wrote
on 6 Jun 2011 5:12 AM | Locked

Hi Beverly

Thanks i'll have another look if its in Smiths next time in town.  I did wonder about the digital version but didnt know whether id miss having a phsyical version to look at when im out and about!

amanda

Not Ranked
Posts 2
AnnBunston wrote
on 6 Jun 2011 11:30 AM | Locked

Hi

I also live in the UK and order my 'Quilting Arts' from my local newsagent, but I have not received my June/July edition.  Does anyone know if there has been a delay in sending copies to the UK?

Ann B 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
on 7 Jun 2011 6:16 AM | Locked

HI Ann,

The on sale date for this issue is June 7th.  You should have this issue within a week or so in the UK.  If it does not arrive, I woud check with your local news agent.

Enjoy your day,

Sally

Sally Murray
Interweave - Quilt/Paper Group
Sudbury Office Manager

Not Ranked
Posts 2
AnnBunston wrote
on 7 Jun 2011 10:21 AM | Locked

Hi Sally

Thanks for your reply, have just heard from my newsagent that QA will be available in Uk on16th June.

Looking forward to it

Ann B

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 88
hpthecat wrote
on 7 Jun 2011 12:34 PM | Locked

Well good luck in the UK-- I can't even get mine in the U.S. by subscription. My subscription got suspended due to an address issue apparently and I wasn't even notified by e-mail of the suspension, although I get advertising from Interweave like mad crazy.....

I asked customer service if they would be sending my April/May issue when I learned what had happened...through my own research -- customer service said they un-suspended the subscription (with no explanation of what happened) and completely neglected my question about whether my Apr/May issue would be in the mail.....

I sent another e-mail to Interweave today-- you know it is such a cool magazine, and how the magazine is done-- the interviews, the teaching-- it is wonderful-- but the distribution and customer service and ability of customer service reps to really communicate beyond the minimum is sorely lacking!

Bernina 820, Babylock Evolution, Babylock Embellisher, Babylock Audrey.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 88
hpthecat wrote
on 7 Jun 2011 1:04 PM | Locked

Here is an example of the communication problem with the customer service people---

I sent a detailed explanation through the Interweave Customer Service page-- regarding both Quilting Arts and Cloth paper scissors. Interweave is supposed to be the "parent" over a variety of magazines right?? They have a subscription customer service link right??  So here is the response I get:

Thank you for writing us. I have forwarded your email to the Cloth Paper Scissors subscription department. They will be happy to help you with your subscription inquiry. You should receive a response within 1-2 business days.

No mention of the Quilting Arts end of the problem....no real answer at all ......I am now just "palmed off" to another section of company where the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left is doing. Why aren't all subscription records for each of the magazines Interweave oversees centrally located with only one customer service dept that handles subscriptions exclusively. The way this is run right now is inefficient, frustrating for the customer and allow customer service reps to get off without much accountability.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 890
Muppin wrote
on 7 Jun 2011 1:42 PM | Locked

Hpthecat-

While I can appreciate your frustration, these forums are not the place to discuss them.  What you recieved was a boilerplate reply while the Customer Service teams can look into your individual situation.   I know the team and they will do everything they can to resolve your issue, but they will not do it here on the forum.

Thanks,

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 88
hpthecat wrote
on 8 Jun 2011 12:44 AM | Locked

I agree-- but guess what....I got a real e-mail from a real person as a result. And maybe customer service will improve. Maybe more training will be provided for Interweave employees on how to handle Difficult People. And now I know that QA and CPS have the same data base to access for subscriptions. So if one is showing up, the other should have no excuse not to....

And if a subscription is suspended for any reason, the customer should be notified.

There is a section in these forums titled Minding Your Business. So the the topic of customer service is relevant within these forums.

When a customer has an issue-- it's important for the person learning of the problem to really pay attention to what the customer is saying. Sometimes people do not articulate themselves very well, but the Customer Service Rep as a professional who knows the inner workings of a company (any company-- this is not an attack, it's a reflection on business in general), the customer service team needs to have the ability to read between the lines and anticipate needs and concerns. AND they need to have the communication skills to address issues without taking it personal.

Otherwise the problem (me in this case), just keeps coming back....

This posting does not have to be a 'negative.'

hpthecat

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 890
Muppin wrote
on 8 Jun 2011 7:12 AM | Locked

Hello Hpthecat,

Please in the future, keep items like this off of the forums, which are not for addressing customer service issues.

I'm locking this thread now.

Cheryl / Muppin

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS