Comment-A-Thon Week in the Galleries!

This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 907
Muppin wrote
on 6 Jun 2011 5:59 AM

Hey everyone,

Welcome to our very first "Comment-A-Thon"!  This was suggested to us by our very own Edyth, who thought we could all be inspired to make awesome art quilts if we encouraged each other in the Gallery. We loved this idea so much, we're turning into a whole WEEK of "paying it forward" in the galleries!  This will run until Friday June 10th!

Our "Comment-A-Thon" is a little like a marathon and a telethon both in that we want to race to spread lots of love to all the wonderful artworks in our gallery!  A kind word about someone else's art is surely inspiring to help boost their confidence to keep going.

Here's what you can do to participate:

-Go to the Photo Galleries and click on Share Your Quilt & Fiber Art.

-Scroll through the wonderful, beautiful, awesome artwork there uploaded by your fellow quilt artists.  Be sure to get to the last page of them too!

-Make a comment on the artwork that speaks to you and tell the artist how much you like that piece.  We would love for everyone to have at least one comment! Also, don't forget about the "star" rating system too!

-Repeat all week!

We'd also love for you to upload your artwork so we can see what you have been up to, too!

If you have any questions, post them here in this thread and I'll be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Cheryl (Muppin)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 235
on 8 Jun 2011 7:19 AM

Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying the Comment-A-Thon! Don't forget that we are also giving away 10 QA grab bags to 10 comments left between June 6-June 10.  To participate, simply leave a positive comment in our gallery on someone else's art quilt. Winners will be announced Monday, June 13.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 166
on 8 Jun 2011 12:41 PM

Is there a way to get to a specific page in the general Photo Gallery?  I set it up for "most Comments" and then went to the last page and have been coming forward, but having gotten to page 80, it takes too long to go back and start at 102 everytime and jump forward two pages at a time to get where I want to be.  There are some real gems with no comments at all (actually, several of mine, hmmm...  LOL).

Kathleen

gallery

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 8 Jun 2011 1:33 PM

I'd like to know that too Kathleen! I had the same problem when I wanted to restart my viewing at Page 25 this morning.

TADA / BC

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 907
Muppin wrote
on 8 Jun 2011 2:37 PM

HMMM... I am looking but I don't see a "jump to" function there.  I guess we can see if Ellen can bug a programmer to see if it's possible, but maybe not in time for this "Comment-a-thon" but the next one? 

Cheryl

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 166
on 8 Jun 2011 3:06 PM

Ok, thanks anyway.

Kathleen

gallery

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Amandals wrote
on 9 Jun 2011 5:49 AM

Great idea!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 907
Muppin wrote
on 9 Jun 2011 6:47 PM

Hey everyone!  

One more day left in our Comment-a-thon, and so many pieces have comments!   I hope you all are taking a minute to "pay it forward" to a fellow artist and take a look in the galleries at some of the fabulous work there!

Next week we will be hosting another forum art challenge, so please join us here next week for that announcement.

Keep commenting, and don't forget you could win one of the blog prizes that Ellen is hosting just for this event!

Good luck!

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 9 Jun 2011 7:07 PM

This has been a great "Comment-A-Thon" week! I have enjoyed looking at all of the wonderful, inspirational art posted in the gallery while I have my morning coffee! So many talented members in this group!

A special thank you to all who viewed my photos - and a very, very special thank you to Edyth for her suggestion and Muppin et al for making it happen!

TADA / BC

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 166
on 10 Jun 2011 5:24 AM

Yes, yes, yes, what Dale Kathryn said!

Kathleen

gallery

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 310
edyth wrote
on 10 Jun 2011 3:28 PM

Hello "Muppin"

What a nice surprise with your "COMMENT-A-THON"

I started with the LAST page....'WHEW"  but very enjoyable !!!  I have been away for 2 wks., so, I had a lot to view in a few hours, before the the 11th rolled in.....9 mins to go ( my time) ...

Thanks for taking such an interest.  Edyth

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 907
Muppin wrote
on 13 Jun 2011 7:25 AM

Hey Edyth!

Thanks for the idea!  It was a lot of fun!

Cheryl / Muppin

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS