Fiber Arts last issue.

This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
gerda oleary wrote
on 15 Jun 2011 9:53 AM

What sad news about Fiber Arts Magazine  closing down.

I love Quilting Arts for getting down to work, but Fiber Arts was so wonderful in showing me, what was happening at all the art schools.

Maybe  you should close down another of the other magazines which so often pushes us to buy, buy, buy and do do do, and just  let us enjoy what all the young students and people in other countries are doing, even if it's too difficult for us.

I still think of the houses of hair, in memory of New Orleans'  Katrina, when i pull hair off my brush in the morning. 

And the teapots and  and the huge letters in the park and so on and so on There were so many more exciting news from the front

I'll truely miss that magazine.

Gerda O'Leary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 906
Muppin wrote
on 15 Jun 2011 10:45 AM

Welcome Gerda-

I agree that I will also miss FiberArts magazine.  It was a fabulous publication about the cutting edge of the fiber world. 

I work in the comic book industry, and I can tell you that publishing is a very difficult business right now.  The advent of digital and consistently dropping advertisement rates and advertisers can't keep some publications going, no matter how much they are loved. 

I'm also super sad to see it go.

I hope you enjoy our forums!

Cheryl / Muppin

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Fabfibre wrote
on 15 Jun 2011 11:34 AM

I have just recently subscribed to Fibrearts magazine....Spring 2011 was my first issue. What will happen with the remainder of my subscription?   

It really is such a pity that the run of this magazine is ending. I was encouraged to subscribe by a fibre artist friend after I had looked through her many copies of the mag. I do agree that it is a very informative publication. I love your focus on wearable art which is an interest of mine. I do hope that some of the content and artists who would have been featured in future Fibrearts issues will now appear in the Quilting Arts Magazine.

Kind Regards

Brenda

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 906
Muppin wrote
on 15 Jun 2011 1:39 PM

Please see http://www.fiberarts.com/back_issues/June-July-2011/FA_QAletter.pdf to learn about your subscription.

I'm sad to see it go too!

Cheryl / Muppin

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Fabfibre wrote
on 15 Jun 2011 3:15 PM

Hi Cheryl / Muppin,

Thanks, I have read the info. Delighted to have more copies of QuiltingArts Magazine!

Brenda / Fabfibre

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 96
RUEdOAK wrote
on 17 Jun 2011 10:39 AM

I am also saddened to learn of the end of Fiber Arts. I was JUST about to put in a subscription, a long promised gift from my husband, when I got the email.... Such timing!

There is such a need for both the focus of Quilting Arts and Fiber Arts. I work in areas of fiber that are a bit of a stretch for Quilting Arts. Where do I share my 3D masks and "sprites" which involve wet and needle felting, polymer clay, stitching and embellishment?

Jen

Not Ranked
Posts 4
gerda oleary wrote
on 17 Jun 2011 1:25 PM

You are right, that mask should have been shown in Fiber Arts, you understood just what I meant.

The mask is wonderful, do you have a web site?

Gerda

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 96
RUEdOAK wrote
on 18 Jun 2011 9:38 AM

Many thanks, Gerda, for the kind comment on my mask. This is the second of a series in progress. I confess I was planning on submitting to Fiber Arts with this series. Sigh. My current web site is http://web.mac.com/ruedoak/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html -- one I started to share my emerging art with friends and family.

Jen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS