Wishing Owls

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
georgia1955 wrote
on 23 Aug 2011 11:33 AM

I love this pattern, however, the instructions on the website didn't include the information on the label on the back nor the information that goes in the front pocket.  Did anyone get this information and would you share with me?  Thanks,

Georgia

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 888
Muppin wrote
on 23 Aug 2011 12:03 PM

I'm trying to find out for you.  Hold tight!

Thanks,

Cheryl / Muppin

Not Ranked
Posts 2
fibraartysta wrote
on 23 Aug 2011 12:50 PM

Hi Georgia,

So glad you like the owls! :) They are so addicting!

I'm at my day job now so the exact measurements of the label and the verbage are sitting happily at home on my mac laptop. When I get home this evening I'll come back to the forum and post that information for you.

When you ask what information goes in the front pocket - I'm not sure I'm clear on what you are asking but I'll take a stab at it. The front pouch is meant for you to put whatever you'd like in it. So you can put a little object that is special to you or write a wish on slip of paper and put it in there. Its a keeper so anything goes. :)

The word that gets stitched to the front of the pocket is totally up to you so you can personalize it in any way that you like!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I'll answer them when I pop back over tonight.

Thanks! :)

Lynn

www.fibraartysta.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 888
Muppin wrote
on 24 Aug 2011 8:36 AM

Thanks for replying here, Lynn!  I appreciate it!

Cheryl / Muppin

Not Ranked
Posts 2
fibraartysta wrote
on 24 Aug 2011 6:58 PM

Hi Georgia,

Okay, here's what I know:

This is the wording that I put on my labels: "Write a wish on a slip of paper, place it in your owl's tummy pouch and he will keep it safe until it comes true!" You could create it by using fabric that can be run through a printer or handwriting it with a fabric pen (Identipen works great for that).

The size of the label that I make for the back measures 3" high x 2" wide. I cut it 1/2" longer in each direction, and then fold under the edges 1/4" and press with a hot iron (be careful if you have a frisky iron, you don't want to burn yourself).

Then just hand stitch the little bugger down to the back of your owl and you are good to go!

Don't hesitate if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Lynn

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS