Good Design - the basis for all good ART!

This post has 8 Replies | 7 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Lyric Kinard wrote
on 28 Apr 2009 12:40 PM

Whoopie!!! 

I can't wait to see you all, meet you all, and have great discussions about the things that will help us all lift each other to the next level of fine art. 

Thank you QA for giving us a place to grow!

www.LyricKinard.com

www.LyricKinard.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 28 Apr 2009 1:00 PM

Lyric,

I was hoping you'd jump all over this! ;-)

Everyone, Lyric knows tons about art and design for quilters...and is authoring a book on this very thing, available in the fall from Interweave. Can't wait!

Pokey Bolton

Founder of Quilting Arts Magazine

TV Host, Quilting Arts on PBS

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 139
reginabdunn wrote
on 1 May 2009 9:34 AM

I've never been able to take an art class and I'm absorbing all I can about design. I've read several excellent books about it and they have really moved me forward. In spite of my lack of experience, I joined an art group and the other artists have been guiding me and that has given me confidence to express my art without fear of criticism or fear of failure. I was thrilled when Quilting Arts included a series about design and have loved the recent articles on art history. Lately I've been working on landscape pieces that are Klimt-influenced so I was especially interested in the latest one on Symbolists' art. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
VictoriaD@7 wrote
on 1 May 2009 6:04 PM

Threads.  What threads do you use in your machine?  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
Vivien Zepf wrote
on 1 May 2009 6:12 PM

Very cool about the book, Lyric!   I'm also looking forward to this forum.  Should be fun.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 21
on 2 May 2009 2:52 PM

I use varigated ones from Thread Studio alot. They work very well to retain the design without taking over.

Sandy in the UK

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 238
Jody Johnson wrote
on 3 May 2009 5:41 PM

Can't wait to start the discussions on design. I  hope maybe there are some tutorials or challenges to help put the theory into practice and enhance our understanding.

Love your stuff and really enjoyed the series you had on design in the magazine.

Jody

Not Ranked
Posts 8
CatherineS@2 wrote
on 14 May 2009 9:47 AM

I just joined the forum. When will the discussion on design begin?

Catherine

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 469
on 14 May 2009 5:57 PM

Woot, Ms. Lyric, I am thrilled that you're here- your work is VERY inspiring to me! :D

I, too, am so excited to have this space to relax in, find answers and inspiration in, and reach out (finally after years of working alone) to so many other talented people. Thanks, QA!

- Judi

My Blog   My Art

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS