Digital Subscription - Access to magazines

This post has 9 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
joliz2 wrote
on 24 Sep 2011 7:21 AM

I cannot access the latest magazine and am now also having difficulty accessing my account.  After looking around I see that digital subscriptions are now being dealt with via Zinio. I have received no information about these changes or instruction on how to access the magazines.  Please can information be published either on the site or via email when changes of this nature take place.  It is very disappointing when you can't access the current magazine when available to others.  

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
CarolineA wrote
on 27 Sep 2011 8:42 AM

Joliz2, they send you an email with your account number and password, so you can access the latest issue from Zinio. You need to get yourself to the download page once the magazine has iopened up, and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Ignore any mention of Adobe Air unless you are a masochist - you do not need that complication! The last method of downloading is as a regular pdf file. Otherwise you need your subscription number and password every time you weant to read your magazine - its NOT USER FRIENDLY but saves Interweave any trouble because its contracted out so any complications are not theirs to sort out.

I have a serious issue with Zinio. I have digital subscriptions to this magazine and Cloth Paper Scissors, and after the fun and games with downloading and trying to read the first issues of each, which left me locked out of them and Interweave help no help at all, I now download the pdf file not the Adobe Air file once I recieve the link  so I can read it without all the carp about remembering subscription numbers and  passwords. I an also move it to my e-reader, which doesn't use Adobe Air.

I would love to get some of the digital-only magazines, but the thought of having to use this totally unfriendly method of reading something I purchase means I will not be purchasing them unless I can get a regular pdf version. As usual, no one has replied to let me know if I can.  If I can pay for, download and read pdf books in Adobe Digital Reader without any dramas, why do we have to go through this palaver every time we want to read a magazine? This policy badly needs rethinking before Zinio kill off your digital customers.

NOT HAPPY!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
on 27 Sep 2011 9:02 AM

I am sorry that you are having an issue accessing your digial magazine.  The majority of our customers find the experience with their digital issues sreamline.  In those rare occasions that it is not, we will be happy to help.

If you have ordered your digital issue through Zinio, please use this link:  http://www.zinio.com/help/index.jsp

All other inquiries should be directed to:
techsupport@nxtbookmedia.com

If you prefer, you can email me directly. 

Sally Murray
Interweave - Quilt/Paper Group
Sudbury Office Manager

Not Ranked
Posts 5
joliz2 wrote
on 27 Sep 2011 9:29 AM

Hi Caroline,

Thank you very much for your reply it is really kind of you to take the trouble.

I am still waiting for it to me sorted.  I subscribed before Zinio took over the digital subscriptions so I think it is for Quilting Arts to sort out.    I do have an account with Zinio and have looked to see if the magazine has appeared there but it hasn't, in desperation I also tried logging in using the Quilting Arts pass words LOL.  Looks like I will just have to wait but it is very frustrating.

Thanks again for you interest.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
joliz2 wrote
on 28 Sep 2011 8:18 AM

I can now access both my account and the latest magazine .  Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped to sort this out.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
dspiemaker wrote
on 1 Oct 2011 3:39 PM

I am having the same problems. I have been beating my head against the wall trying to find the place to download the pdf file. I have emaiiled each of the other 2 times and I can't even put that into words here. I had a digital subscription to Quilters World. IT IS GREAT!. I never dreamed quilting arts magazine could be setup so disgusting. I don't have a place to go to to download. It is worthless to me. I can't spend an hour each time trying to get to the magazine. I get a notice in email that takes me to where I can read it online....in the nasty format. NOT WORTH it. I want it downloaded to the computer as a pdf. IS THERE ANYBODY WHO CAN TELL ME HOW? I have a stupid id number and my zip code for access...where the hell do I use that...it didn't seem to work. Please let me know if ANYBODY can give me a direct site or why they don't have one. thanks, Denby

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
CarolineA wrote
on 1 Oct 2011 5:16 PM

Yes, there is a way to download. Copy your subscription number to your clipboard, then go to the link in your email, this is where you paste in your subscricption number and add your postcode number. Once in there and reading the mag, look on the  right hand side of the screen - I can't remember if its the bar across the top or down the right side of the page  but there is a save to desktop option. Click on it, which brings you to the download page. Scroll right down to the bottom of the page ignoring all the Adobe Air rubbish (because you always need your password for that, grrrrrr!) and the very last option is to download as a pdf. Download it to your computer and no more carry on with passwords etc. It reads like any other pdf file, thank goodness!

Hope this makes sense!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
CarolineA wrote
on 1 Oct 2011 5:41 PM

Sally, I have digital subscriptions to both QA and CPS and unlike my paper subscriptions, I cannot find out how long I have to go on these magazines, because if I try to log in to subscriptions on the Interweave website it does not recognise my subscription numbers. Why is it not centralised so I can see it all in my main account? Then I know how many more issues are to come etc and when to renew instead of NOT KNOWING!

I bought these subscriptions through you, not through any third party, and I object strongly to being fobbed off with having to contact Nxtbooks or Zinio. I would rather NEVER deal with them because of my appalling experiences with their system and Adobe Air, and while I have now discovered the workaround for myself,  my emails for support went unanswered. The emails I have had from you this time have gone straight into the rubbish because they DO NOT answer my questions.

If I download an e-mag from you, do I have to go through this song and dance with Adobe Air and Zinio? This is what stops me from purchasing. Bad service and help I can put up with - its available everywhere for free these days, but I do expect if I buy a product from a company, that that company deals with any questions I have, and manages to answer them. I should certainly not have to be the one to tell other frustrated digital magazine owners how to by-pass the Zinio set-up.

To summarise - how do I find out how many more issues before I have to renew on the Interweave site when the usual route to find this out does not accept my subscription number.

Can I purchase and download an e-mag without having to read it online or via Adobe Air? Not all of us have unlimited download allowances, and my e-reader is not compatible with Adobe Air - i need a pdf file. It also does not go online. I want my magazine on my computer without having to put in passwords to read it.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 1 Oct 2011 7:22 PM

I will forward your concerns to Sally since this is not a forum issue.  She would be able to respond more quickly if you would email her directly.

Belinda

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
on 4 Oct 2011 3:41 PM

Hi CarolineA,

I realize you posted this on the Cloth Paper Scissors community, but I wanted to make sure you saw my response.    Here it is again. :)  

Thank you so much for your feedback, we truly appreciate hearing from our customers because it helps us to identify issues we may not have been aware of previously. We are presently looking into options to consolidate our digital subscriptions and hope that once complete it will help eliminate some of the challenges.

I will be emailing you directly to try and sort out  your individual issues and take this off line.  If anyone else has a customer service issue, that you are having trouble sorting out, please email me instead of posting.

I hope you a wonderful day. 

Sally
smurray@interweave.com

Sally Murray
Interweave - Quilt/Paper Group
Sudbury Office Manager

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS