free motion quilting with Invisafil

This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
pelli73 wrote
on 26 Sep 2011 8:02 PM

Hi all

Just wanted to get input from anyone who has had success/failure trying free motion quilting with Wonderfil Invisafil.  I've tried every trick I can think of and my top thread still shred's after about 3 minutes of stitching.  I've tried on two different machines-a Necchi mechanical (#3354) and a BabyLock Decorator's choice.  I've tried embroidery needles, top stitch needles, Microtex needles, adjusting bobbin and to tension, Magic Genie bobbin washers, slowing slow, sewing fast-have I missed any techniques?  Or is this just one of those threads my machines don't like to do free motion with?  I have no problem at all using the thread for normal or decorative stitcing.  It's lovely to use for machine applique with the buttonhole stitch on my BabyLock so the thread isn't a real loss-it's just that I REALLY like the way it looks when used for free motion stitching!  Oh yes, my bobbin thread is Bottom Line 60 wt. and the thread is always snarling/shredding on the top.  I've also tried the spool net on the thread spool so it doesn't feed to quickly to the needle and end up with no upper tension.

Any comments-success-whatever are appreciated!

Carole

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS