is no protection a permanent change?

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 24
nor easter wrote
on 1 Oct 2011 9:32 AM

I've been a subscriber to QA for more than 7 years, have filled in gaps with whatever back issues I can find, have given gift subscriptions to friends, and have treasured each and every issue in my possession.  Despite the fact that I reread articles almost every night before turning out the light, 47 of the 48 issues I have could pass for brand new.

The sole exception is issue 53, the latest one.  This was the first copy in many, many years to arrive naked...unprotected by plastic wrapping.  The striking cover was torn, the corner defaced by a half-attached mailing label, and my joy at having a new issue of QA to dive into was tempered by the fear that this will probably be the norm from now on.

Has Quilting Arts abandoned the plastic wrapping of their magazines to let them face indiscriminate violence at the hands of postal processing machinery, thereby leaving loyal customers with permanently scarred reminders of the beauty that used to be?  Please tell me it isn't so...that there has been an outcry from the masses, that you see the folly of this change, that the next issue will arrive safely and unscathed, and that all will be right with the world once again.  Please?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 890
Muppin wrote
on 1 Oct 2011 10:25 AM

This is really a question for Customer Service as we're not able to answer this on the forum.  But I have flagged your question for follow up by the QA team.  

Thanks,

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
on 3 Oct 2011 8:47 AM

Hi there,

As always, your Quilting Arts magazine should arrive in excellent condition.  If it does not, please email our subscription department for a replacement. 

quiltingarts@pcspublink.com

Enjoy your day!

Sally

Sally Murray
Interweave - Quilt/Paper Group
Sudbury Office Manager

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS