Calendar Contests Gone?

This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
JiRaF Studio wrote
on 3 Nov 2011 7:40 AM

Are the Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors calendar contests gone?  I can't find mention of either one in the print magazines or on the websites.

I realize that the contests are a HUGE investment of time and energy for the staff, and with Pokey going to work for Quilts, Inc., and Helen transitioning into her role, it might be easier for the staff to just select 13 great projects for the calendar from the printed magazine.

Or are the calendars not going to be published anymore?

Julie Filatoff

www.jirafstudio.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 902
Muppin wrote
on 3 Nov 2011 9:21 PM

Hey Julie-

i believe the new calendar contest has not been announced yet.  We are all in Houston, so i am sure more will be announced after the show is over.

Cheryl/Muppin

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 12 Dec 2011 1:48 AM

Have I missed this too?  It has been over a month since the reply above. 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
JiRaF Studio wrote
on 12 Dec 2011 7:02 AM

Uniquestitch, I received a private email from an Interweave staff member.  Yes, the Calendar Contests are gone.  :::sniff:::

So...I am hard at work on my piece for the "Time Flies" challenge!  I'll just channel that energy into every QA and CPS challenge.

Julie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
Sally M4 wrote
on 21 Dec 2011 4:08 PM

Does anyone know why the calendar contests are gone?  I have every calendar for both QA and CPS since they were started.  I must admit I never had the nerve yet to submit an entry but it was truly one of my goals.  Believe me - I am not a negative person - it just makes me wonder (a little bit)  what else is going to change?  This is NOT a comment against Helen taking over or anything like that.  I'm sure she will do a fantastic job and QA will continue to be the amazing magazine that is has always been.  Just a little sad I guess - now I won't even have the chance to have my work in the calendar...

p.s.  I'm a person who went kicking and screaming from DOS to Windows - I was probably one of the last to give up DOS so I do recognize that I just sometimes need a little more time to adapt to things...:-)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS