I`m listening...

This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
on 12 Feb 2012 6:31 AM

Hi, friends!

It's been a long time! Last year was rather long and with lots of work and problems to be solved.

Well, here I am again to show you my last quilt. This wall hanging is for an exhibition opening at the Argentine Textiles Art Center in Buenos Aires in March..

I haven't agreed with myself on the name yet. I'm thinking about it.

I wanted to do something different and use some fabrics with animals. It was a chalenge since it was the first time I have done circles. The quilt is 0.395 x 0395. The maximum for this exhibition is 40 centimeters.

The border has some little insects done along with the freehand quilting.

Hope to hear your comments.

Thank you.

I also took a picture of the back before adding the backing. You will see the details of the freehand quilting.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 895
Muppin wrote
on 13 Feb 2012 3:36 PM

I like this, Pat!  It's very fun!  The quilting is great.  I would be stumped for a name for it also, but something about circles, party, colors.... maybe you could use those words to come up with a name.

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
on 13 Feb 2012 5:25 PM

Hi, friend!

Thanks for your idea! I'm going to think of a name and let you know then.

Best wishes,

Pat

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 96
RUEdOAK wrote
on 21 Feb 2012 7:44 PM

The circles, with the offset circles on top of them, certainly add variety to the design. Have you decided on a name?

Jen

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
on 21 Feb 2012 8:06 PM

"Jugando en cìrculos" (Playing in circles). To tell you the truth, it has been a last minute decision. I have to bring them tomorrow so it was that or nothing.

Thank you for your comments.

I will post the pictures of the second quilt tomorrow. Hope to hear your opinion then.

Best regards,

Pat

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 47
on 22 Feb 2012 5:19 PM

Well, I'm showing you my second quilt for the exhibition.

"A day in the country". I chose toile de jouy and roses. I wanted to pay homage to love, true love. I wished I had known French because I would have liked to write some words while freehand quilting.

Well, as usual, I would like to hear from you. I learn a lot.

Thanks,

Pat

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Taino Jan wrote
on 24 Feb 2012 6:18 PM

Very nice! Fun, hip and well made. As for a name.....How about circles of friends.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS