Hi everyone! I'm organizing another forum wide "challenge" very similar to the reader challenges in QA magazine. This is to get our creativity ramped up, our brains working on ideas for future projects, our machines revved up and working, and much more. Feel free to use the "conversations" link in the upper right to suggest future themes and topics for us to use on future challenges!
This month's challenge theme is : What Moves You
What moves you? It is something motivating? A prize? Your family? Dancing? Running? Getting out of bed? Sappy movies?
You can interpret this concept many different ways, and they are ALL ACCEPTABLE! It could also be about the meaning behind the phrase as it pertain to you. The challenge is to interpret it your way, and make it your own!
I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
Here are some guidelines, but remember, this is all for fun.
1. You should post a picture of your FINISHED quilt that interprets the theme "What Moves You". Please submit only new work made for this challenge.
2. It can be any size.
3. To participate in the challenge online, post a picture of your FINISHED project and put it in this thread by posting a reply here (hit the reply button and post your message and attach your picture) or post your project picture in the QA gallery and post a link to it on this thread. This is so we can all see it. The piece must be quilted, have 3 layers, and a binding or edging of some sort to be finished.
4. In your message, write a little about how you came up with your design or what you were thinking about while you made it. We love to hear about the process!
5. The entries for this themed challenge ends on April 19, 2012!!
6. We will have prizes again, and the winner will be chosen randomly from the members who post their completed work on this thread by the deadline. Many thanks to Quilting Arts and Interweave for supporting us with these prizes!
7. Please make a new piece for this challenge. Please do not post photos of an older project. This is all about stretching yourself and getting your creativity ramped up. If you are stumped on this subject, post your ideas and we will try to help you! This is what this forum is all about. We are here to help you! Plus, we love your in progress photos!
8. Have FUN!!!!
If you have any questions about our challenge, post them here and I will be happy to answer them. I hope you have fun. Let's create some quilt art!
Cheryl / Muppin
That is a great theme! I will definitely get to brainstorming and see if I can come up with something fun to illustrate this idea. Hmmm... bad puns? Cheese? Thoughtful treatment of fictional characters by the authors who created them? Finding a shiny thing on the street? What's it to be?
Tomorrow is our deadline for this Reader Challenge!
I have been so busy that I have not been checking in on these challenges. Sorry to have missed it!
I am new, I will hopefully gather courage to make one of these beauties yet.