Evolon

This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
ShelleyG14 wrote
on 30 Mar 2012 2:42 PM

Greetings from WA.

The April/May 2012 issue of Quilting Arts has an ad (page 90) for Evolon (cousin to Lutradur), being sold by Spunart. This is a UK company, and neither Firefox or Internet Explorer trusts their website.  Has anyone ordered from them (with good results, one can only hope!)?

Thanks, in advance, for any input.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 902
Muppin wrote
on 30 Mar 2012 5:23 PM

I checked their website and I wasn't getting any "not trusted" messages, so it might have been temporary?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
HeidiRand wrote
on 1 Apr 2012 12:44 PM

I know people in the UK who rely completely on Spunart, and from what they say, it's a great company. I haven't ordered from them because I don't want to pay the shipping, and I have been trying (as I guess you have) to find someone distributing Evolon in the US now that Meinke Toy is going out of business.  I wrote to the manufacturer yesterday about whether they have a US distributor.  Maybe we should band together and form a company to distribute it.  :)  

I'm guessing that it's only a matter of time. It took a while for Lutradur to be available in the US, and now it's really easy to get.  I'm also anxious to try Zeelon!.

Heidi

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mervyn wrote
on 2 Apr 2012 9:44 AM

Hi ShelleyG14

Great news to learn that you are interested in Evolon, but sorry to hear that you are obtaining some negative feedback re the www.spunart.com web site.

We have checked the commercial section of the web site today, and confirm that all matters (concerning security) appear to be fully in order. Our SSL certificate is also fully compliant.

We understand how important security is when purchasing products on line, even more so when the supplier is not located within your own country.  We can however assure you that over many years of trading on line, we have never had a breach in the security of our site.

All payments made on line are made via, either SagePay or Paypal secure peyment gateways, and at no time are the customers secure details passed on to us.

I hope this statement will provide you with the reassurance that you will need to shop safely with Spunart.

thanks

Mervyn

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mervyn wrote
on 2 Apr 2012 9:54 AM

Hi Heidi

Thanks for your positive comments concerning Spunart.

Great to hear that you you are interested in using Evolon and/or Evolon Soft, and I fully take on borad your comments re the shipping costs.

This is something that we are currently investigating to check if we could reduce the shipping costs.  That's why we have made our special offer in the current Quilting Arts publication, in that any orders for Evolon supplied before 31 May 2012, will receive a 20% discount.

Let me know if you would like to receive some samples of Zeelon.

thanks

Mervyn  

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ShelleyG14 wrote
on 2 Apr 2012 11:40 AM

Hi Mervyn,

Thanks so much for looking into this. The issue pops up, in Firefox, when I click on "Create an Account".  That leads to a "This connection is untrusted" notice, which states that "Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted ID to prove that you are going to the right place.  However, this site's ID can't be verified.  www.spunart.com uses an invalid security certificate.  This certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided."   When using Internet Explorer, I don't get the "untrusted connection" message - it goes straight to the Create an Account page, though Norton Safe Search lists spunart.com as a gray question mark (untested).  I don't know how this all fits in with what you mention you checked, but thought I'd pass it along.

Kudos to Spunart for offering the discount!  We appreciate it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS