beautiful website but know one knows I am in cyberspace

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
on 12 Jul 2012 11:23 AM

I built a website that I am really proud of and nobody but my close friends have seen it.  How do I get people to take note of me.  I have a passion for books, quilting and teaching.  I don't blog or "facebook"  because I still teach full-time.  I have a few years left before retirement and then I can hit the local quilt shows.  What can I do to get noticed.  Please don't say "facebook"  The more time I spend on computer:  less time I have for quilting.

just   thephotoquilter.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 468
okieLinda wrote
on 13 Jul 2012 9:22 AM

cant tell you how to do it but I went and looked and I would be proud of it all too, I do facebook a few times a day and put lots of pics of my quilts up as I do them there , my friends friends pass them around too but like you the more you do online the less time you have for quilting :( people always tell me to do quilt shows but that would take time and more money too , so its a catch 22 thing, I have a beautiful little gallery place in the town that I live in but mostly just for show , a website I havent finished and Lindas gallery here , either I can finish the 1000 piece kaleidoscope Im working on now or worry about what to do with them but I cant do both either , good luck at least you know your not alone :) 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on 13 Jul 2012 10:33 AM

okie:  Miss Linda,

what part of oklahoma?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 468
okieLinda wrote
on 14 Jul 2012 7:55 AM

outside of Ardmore , affectionately called the boonies :)  

Not Ranked
Posts 1
DCarrDesigns wrote
on 7 Jun 2014 11:31 PM

Francine,

I love your website!

I have web design/social media marketing experience, and the only thing missing from your beautiful site is.....

NOT the Facebookie thing...you got that...

You need the biggies for getting free promotion from your viewers... WHERE are the Pintrest and Twitter buttons??

Those two social media platforms let others know that you are in cyberspace, and worth looking at, frequently!

Get a Pintrest business account, it is free, all you need is to have your website verified....you can do that, since you already have a great website! Be sure to download the Business book and read it (a few pages but well worth it!)

Get your close friends to TWEET and PIN your posts....the more times your site shows up the better...it goes up in the rankings and in the search engines.

Good luck with your biz. I would like to do that, but all I have are photos!

Deb

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS