Introduction.

This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
DragonSewer wrote
on 5 Sep 2012 12:23 PM

Hello all,

My name is Jodie,  I am 33 years of age.   I have recently aquired a sewing machine from my second cousin.  I have played with it some and its not as intimidating as it looks :)   

Most people don't think I would be good at sewing with or without a sewing machine since I am legally blind and VERY nearsighted.    In fact I scared most people when I took up cross stitching.    Since I took up cross stitching I have fallen in love with sewing in general.   I am trying to learn all I can but not being able to read regular print books I am somewhat at a disavantage of learning.  

Thus my reason for joining this forum.   I would love to learn to quilt and other stitching crafts and would love peoples help.  

My reason for learning to quilt is this,  there is a local charity that gives families of children in long term treatment at hospitals nearby a place to stay while their children are in treatment.    I would love to create quilts for the families to either take home or to leave and pass on to another family.    I also would love to make a quilt for the children in the hospital themselves.    Currently a group of people in my apartment complex and I are making winter hats for the same charity.  

I look forward to making friends here.   and of course learning all I can.

Jodie

Jodie. 

A Beginner sewer with a true desire to learn.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 900
Muppin wrote
on 11 Sep 2012 12:17 PM

Welcome Jodie!  What an inspirational story!  Glad to have you here!

-Cheryl / Muppin

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 22 Sep 2012 12:02 PM

I am inspired by your love of learning. I have quilted for 30 years and still make simple quilts. I am now disabled and have trouble with the detailed quilts so now I take classes to learn more. I am hoping to learn through these types of blogs. Keep moving on and good luck.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
DragonSewer wrote
on 28 Sep 2012 10:45 AM

to both of you who posted thanks for the responses.   I haven't gone very far on my sewing and quilting journey.   I have been loom knitting different projects and am still trying to figure out what fabrics I want to start a quilt with.   I also need to get up a supply of fabric.  

Jodie. 

A Beginner sewer with a true desire to learn.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Quilter60 wrote
on 28 Sep 2012 5:39 PM

Jodie, at least you got a welcome. I am new here too, but no one has responded to me yet and I can't seem to get into the forums, it just won't let me. I was lucky to get this shout out, out!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS