Can't find something from show 906

This post has 6 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 13 Mar 2013 5:37 PM

On QuiltingArtsTV show 906 there was a spot with Pokey interview someone from a quilt show who did group quilts on canvas.  It's a great activity, and she showed some fun things to do with the cut up and divided quilt pieces.  At the end of show Pokey said instructions would be on the web site, but I sure can't find them.  Can you help?  Thanks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 902
Muppin wrote
on 14 Mar 2013 9:12 AM

I can't find that project either, so I will bump it to the QA TV folks,

Thanks!

Cheryl/ Muppin (moderator)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 303
on 14 Mar 2013 10:19 AM

Mallow912, I'm researching this and will get back to you within 24 hours.

Kristine Lundblad,
Asst. Editor, Quilting Arts Magazine

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ajiles9062 wrote
on 22 Apr 2013 3:15 PM

Have you found out anything about the collaborative painting project on show 906??  I didn't see anything else posted.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 303
on 22 Apr 2013 3:37 PM

Hi tigerwolf55, I responded directly to mallow but I'm happy to share my response.  Here goes:

We never received formal instructions but I’ve watched the episode and it seems pretty straight forward.

Jamie Fingal, the featured artist, mentioned she uses a pre-primed canvas about 56” x 8’ and acrylic paint.  Participants work on the canvas for an allotted period of time and then pass it along, building upon the layers of previous participants—sometimes enhancing their work or even painting over it.  There is no need to wait for layers to dry before passing it on to a new participant.

After everyone has added color, that’s when Jamie recommends going back and highlighting with white.  After the white, add accents with black.

When the canvas is dry (or being very careful if it’s still wet), cut the canvas in equal portions to give to each participant.

I think, quite frankly, the directions we were expecting were less about the process of painting—Jamie has a free attitude about just going for it!—and more about the project suggestions (apron, ATCs, book/screen). 

I hope this helps and that you have an enjoyable painting experience with your group!

Best wishes,

Kristine Lundblad,
Asst. Editor, Quilting Arts Magazine

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
Jamie Fingal wrote
on 23 Apr 2013 9:47 AM

This is a class that Leslie Tucker Jenison and I teach at the International Quilt Festival in Houston in the Fall - Painting with a Twist and Shout.  We use primed canvas and acrylic paint.  About 6-8 people per canvas.  Each person never stays in the same place more than 5 minutes, therefore never leaving their style in one place.  Hope this helps!  it is a totally fun class!

Jamie Fingal

http://JamieFingalDesigns.blogspot.com/

http://www.JamieFingal.com/

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ajiles9062 wrote
on 3 May 2013 10:08 PM

Thanks so much for the input!  It sounds like a blast!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS