My last mini quilt "Under water"

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
on 18 Mar 2013 6:07 PM

Hi, hope you´re all fine.

I wanted to experiment with these fabrics. try new shapes, stiches. I wanted to take risks.

the quilt is just 0.190 by 0.195 centimeters

well, as usual I would like to learn from you

thank you friends

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8096/1000273a.jpg

Not Ranked
Posts 5
quilteRAB wrote
on 27 Mar 2013 10:56 AM

Very nice. It looks like Zentangle Meets Thread.  I like it!!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
quilteRAB wrote
on 27 Mar 2013 10:56 AM

Very nice. It looks like Zentangle Meets Thread.  I like it!!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
on 27 Mar 2013 5:46 PM

hi, sorry but my English is not that good. I don´t understand ..."Zentangle Meets Thread". What did you mean?

thanks

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on 9 Dec 2014 10:14 AM

A zentangle is a new thing started here in the States in about the last year. Basically it is simply a doodle who's purpose is to allow the mind to relax, reaching a state of "zen" or serenity and get the bonus of a lovely picture in the end. If I remember correctly they are drawn in pen so you can't have any "mistakes", the pen is never removed from the paper, like quilting. You can do a search for zentangle and you'll find a ton of pictures. 

I do like your piece, very creative, fun, and awesome. Some things that I notice right away that make me think odd is the plaid in the binding isn't even. As a fun, learning quilt I'd probably next time try taking the plaid, and using it in smaller pieces with other colors made into it, or a different, likely solid, fabric instead. To make it match with the awesomeness of the rest of the quilt I would then take some thread matching one of the bright colors in the quilt and stitch a decorative stitch over the binding. 

I love all the plaids, it gives the piece a great deal of movement for the eye. There are a few place where my eye "catches" where things don't quite look right. The first is on the bottom left corner of the quilt where the two large plaid pieces butt up at 90 degrees. The two patterns of the plaid almost match, but since they don't quite match it catches my eye. In places where the eye "catches" over a detail like that you might want to try adding some black ribbon on top of the seam joining the two, or a snippet of lace, or even some extra stitching to help give the two sepperate pieces of plaid a bigger break. The second place my eye keeps catching is the bottom right. The smaller plaid patterned pieces that butt up together have the same problem as mentioned above. And then in the upper right corner it happens again. 

That's all that I see that you could watch for to help take your quilts from being eye catching to stunningly eye catching. You have a great eye for design and I super love the texture you quilted into the accent colors, very, very stunning. Keep up the good work, and try to give the a place to "rest" in the binding by giving it a more solid color when you have so much business in the background. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
on 14 Dec 2014 6:45 PM

Dear madam,

It´s been a pleassure to have your comments on my project. It´s the first time I have had this and I feel the happiest. I have printed your kind lines and will take down note of the changes I should make. I want to sew the quilt again. I promise to show it to you soon.

Thank you for your kind words. You have taught me a lot.

Respectfully,

Pat

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS