Is it just me ...

This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 12 Jul 2013 10:53 AM

or is this site losing its focus and becoming borderline spammy? Just saying.

TADA / BC

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 906
Muppin wrote
on 12 Jul 2013 11:02 AM

Hey Dale!

As mod, I try to keep up on the spammers, and they are have been really really sneaky in how they infiltrate.  What may look spammy could also be a newbie, so I tend to be overly cautious before deleting users.

That said, what kinds of things would you like to see here?  I'm sure the QA folks are open to all kinds of ideas!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 18 Jul 2013 10:26 AM

You do a great job, Muppin, but lately there seems to be a lot of non-Quilting Art posts. Since no one else has commented, I guess it must be "just me". Thanks for responding.

TADA / BC

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 906
Muppin wrote
on 25 Jul 2013 4:44 PM

No, no, it's not you.  It's been very quiet here.  I'm trying to think of ways to get it back up and running again...

Cheryl

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 230
ckquilter wrote
on 30 Jul 2013 3:20 AM

there have been some strange posts the last few months.

having nothing to do with quilting or even art. i posted one which got off the subject a bit - but was still art quilt related.

but maybe people are busy creating, rather than being online - which would be a good thing !!       ckquilter

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 906
Muppin wrote
on 31 Jul 2013 11:47 PM

Yeah, we know about them.  They seem like quilters then turn out to be spammers.  It's getting harder and harder to figure them out!

:)
Cheryl / Muppin 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 1 Aug 2013 10:41 AM

Thanks, Muppin!

TADA / BC

Not Ranked
Posts 9
tiffwarble wrote
on 7 Aug 2013 12:40 PM

I wanted to let you both know that we've just recently run a clean-up effort in an attempt to remove those spam accounts. I just wanted to let you all know that we're listening, and appreciate all your helpful feedback.

Happy quilting,

Tiffany Warble
Audience Development for Quilting Daily

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 8 Aug 2013 10:31 AM

Thanks!

TADA / BC

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 16 Aug 2013 11:52 PM

They are back! Posting the same messages. Either I am crazy, or no one else is paying attention.

TADA / BC

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 16 Aug 2013 11:54 PM

Oops. I should be more patient. Apologies for the duplicate post.

TADA / BC

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 906
Muppin wrote
on 17 Aug 2013 10:38 AM

Hi Dale-

They are getting hard to keep up with! :P

Cheryl

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 18 Aug 2013 1:24 AM

So I see! Thanks for doing what you do!

TADA / BC

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 906
Muppin wrote
on 18 Aug 2013 9:55 PM

I read somewhere that they post what looks like relevant content and if they don't get moderated they move on to all kinds of spammy links.  

Thanks,

Cheryl

Not Ranked
Posts 9
tiffwarble wrote
on 19 Aug 2013 11:13 AM

The spammers must have had a busy weekend, I've been deleting posts and spammers as soon as I can find them. Keep letting us know when you see those spammy posts and I will do my very best to get rid of them asap. Thank you all so much.

Tiffany
Quilting Daily Audience Development
F+W Media

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS