Want to donate Quilting Arts magazines but where can I donate them?

This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
cjsack wrote
on 12 Jul 2013 2:42 PM

I'm finding it hard to find a place to donate past issues of Quilting Arts magazines.  Who wouldn't want these lovely, creative masterpieces? 

I've tried friends, work, libraries, all to no avail.  I'm not selling them, I'm giving them away to clear out my clutter.  Any ideas of places to drop them off?

Much appreciated!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 892
Muppin wrote
on 12 Jul 2013 2:53 PM

Hi there cjsack!

Have you tried a local quilt guild?  Our local (Chicago area) quilt guild has a table for magazines that members are trying to donate.  We also have a yearly "garage sale" where those donations are sold for the guild's benefit.

Thanks,
Cheryl / Muppin

Not Ranked
Posts 2
imsewamazing wrote
on 13 Mar 2014 7:29 PM

Hi,cjsack, 

I just read your post from last July re:donating Quilting Arts magazines and/or Cloth Paper Sissors, or any of the Stampington magazines.

If you still have some to donate, I would be happy to take them for the volunteer sewing program that I teach students  art quilting and mixed media 

sewing projects. We also do a lot of good will sewing projects for donations.

Please reply to my email: midnightsun54@hotmail.com. 

Thank you:)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
craftstb wrote
on 22 Mar 2014 7:32 PM

Hi cjsack,

What a thoughtful gesture, I certainly hope you still have some of the Quilting Arts Magazines left.

I am a senior citizen on a low income Social Security check, and  unable to subscribe. I am very interested.

What a joy it would be, here's hoping.................

Thank you,  :)

craftstb333@gmail.com 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS