Thru The Lens Challenge

This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
Jodi7 wrote
on 13 Sep 2013 9:47 AM

I submitted an entry to the Thru The Lens challenge from Issue 11 or In Stitches and it said in the rules that the finalists would be posted on the Quilting Daily blog today September 13th and it would be the only notification of finalists. I have been to the blog and I have not seen any names or mention of this challenge I would like to know if I was a finalist or where I can go to find out who is????

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 902
Muppin wrote
on 13 Sep 2013 10:00 AM

I am sure they will be posted sometime today, however, there were major floods in Colorado where the Quilting Arts' home office is, so they may have some delays in posting things as some areas of Colorado are under a national emergency.  QA is very good about posting these kinds of things, and the day is not over yet.

Thanks,

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
Jodi7 wrote
on 13 Sep 2013 10:10 AM

Thanks I will keep checking through out the day and tomorrow.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Graciesings wrote
on 18 Sep 2013 1:52 PM

I keep watching also...with no communication it is hard to know what to think

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Graciesings wrote
on 18 Sep 2013 1:52 PM

I keep watching also...with no communication it is hard to know what to think

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
Jodi7 wrote
on 18 Sep 2013 2:48 PM

I was told that they are taping a Quilting Arts show and I was also told that some of the people were in the flood area or some such thing. So who knows what will become of the list of people. I have not checked today. I think that they should email people who enter with the list of who got in so we are all not waiting and wondering. They have to get it together better. 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Graciesings wrote
on 18 Sep 2013 4:20 PM

I also thought that possibly with the decision to no longer produce the "In Stitches" electronic magazine they will not follow through with the reader challenge request that was published in the last issue?

To let the readers know about the challenge in the notice would have been appreciated as I would not have bothered them with the submission.  Or, just create a canned message to send to those that sent in an entry would have been nice.

I think, personally, that we won't hear anything in response.  I have found that communication on the surface is congenial but in reality, they don't really care so much.

In any case, some kind of communication would be appreciated as to what their decision regarding if they are going to honor the challenge that they initiated, might be nice!!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Graciesings wrote
on 18 Sep 2013 4:20 PM

I also thought that possibly with the decision to no longer produce the "In Stitches" electronic magazine they will not follow through with the reader challenge request that was published in the last issue?

To let the readers know about the challenge in the notice would have been appreciated as I would not have bothered them with the submission.  Or, just create a canned message to send to those that sent in an entry would have been nice.

I think, personally, that we won't hear anything in response.  I have found that communication on the surface is congenial but in reality, they don't really care so much.

In any case, some kind of communication would be appreciated as to what their decision regarding if they are going to honor the challenge that they initiated, might be nice!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
Jodi7 wrote
on 18 Sep 2013 4:51 PM

I was not aware that In Stitches was not going to be produced any more.  I have all the issues and thought it was a nice supplement to Quilting Arts That is too bad. I agree that if they were not going to honor the challenge they should not have posted it I bet you are right, we will probably not hear anything more about it. It makes me not want to enter anymore of their challenges again if that's how they treat people who spend the time entering. I also agree that their people skills towards their readers leaves a lot to be desired. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
Jodi7 wrote
on 20 Sep 2013 7:47 AM

Where is the list of finalists for the Thru The Lense Challenge????? I have been waiting since the 13th when it was said they would be posted.There are others also waiting. I also heard that In Stitches was not going to be published anymore yet I see there is a new issue so what gives???????

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
on 20 Sep 2013 9:58 AM

On behalf of the Quilting Arts team, I apologize for the delay in announcing our "Through the Lens" challenge winners. We received a low volume of submissions and were waiting to see if we might receive any last-minute entries that were postmarked on time but arrived after the deadline. In addition, with In Stitches no longer being published, we have been working to find the best medium in which to publish the entries we did receive. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience. We will be posting the submissions here on the community site early next week.

Best,

Michelle Jibson

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS