Tattoo stencil machines for screen printing?

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
W J wrote
on 12 Nov 2013 8:11 AM

Having found that I cannot source a thermofax machine in the UK, I spotted new
tattoo stencil machines on Ebay that imply they use the same technique (but
are very much cheaper too).

Are they ok for using instead of the traditional thermofax machines to create
screens for printing with?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on 16 Nov 2013 10:48 PM

I am a retired teacher and we used thermafax machines for several years. Our school discarded them years ago with the incoming xerox copy machines now used in schools. I also had a hard time locating  an inexpensive one. I ended up going to a tattoo shop and asking if I could make a few thermo fax copies on their machine for half the cost of going online to a service that will make them for you. I paid  between $3 to $5 a copy. Pay cash and they love the extra money the store owner keeps. Kathy

Not Ranked
Posts 3

I am a retired teacher and we used thermafax machines for several years. Our school discarded them years ago with the incoming xerox copy machines now used in schools. I also had a hard time locating  an inexpensive one. I ended up going to a tattoo shop and asking if I could make a few thermo fax copies on their machine for half the cost of going online to a service that will make them for you. I paid  between $3 to $5 a copy. Pay cash and they love the extra money the store owner keeps. Kathy

Not Ranked
Posts 3

Not Ranked
Posts 3
W J wrote
on 25 Nov 2013 4:41 AM

thanks for that idea - not thought of doing that. i'd been looking at the cheap machines on ebay described as tattoo stencil machines and had been wondering
if they would be any good - priced here in the uk under £100 (about $160 or so). Will try and locate a local tattoo place then! Wendy

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS