first quilt blog contest - directions unclear; would someone please help me?

This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
on 12 Apr 2014 3:04 PM

Hi; i want to enter this contest, and the deadline is in 2 days!

http://www.interweavestore.com/first-quilt-making-story-lessons

i made the blog, but am unsure how to let Interweave know about the store selections i would like to win. am i supposed to publish them in the blog itself or write it in the email entry? if in the blog, are we supposed to indirectly advertise for Interweave store, like Vivika and the QA staff did? there are no clear instructions on how to do this and i am new at blogging, so it is very confusing and a big learning curve.

time's running out - not that i would win - but it's fun to try, and it did get me blogging! if anyone could help direct me - some of you have surely entered? - i would be so grateful. Thanks so much!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 299
on 14 Apr 2014 1:55 PM

Hi artypartygrrl,

The link you cite says to publish the information on your prize selections right in step 3: "3. PUBLISH all this on your blog."

Good luck!

Kristine Lundblad,
Asst. Editor, Quilting Arts Magazine

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
on 14 Apr 2014 2:17 PM

yes, i got that part -- but is it supposed to be a plug for Interweave - or can we just state what we'd like to win? that's the part that is unclear. the only examples given are obvious plugs, with links, from the QA staff. are we supposed to insert links and all that? 

thanks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 892
Muppin wrote
on 14 Apr 2014 2:20 PM

Personally, I'd include links so that the staff knows exactly what to give you if you win. They say to follow Vivika's example and that's what she does.  Also, who cares if it's a plug for them, if you win, it's free stuff.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
on 14 Apr 2014 2:28 PM

thanks. i was just trying to keep things simple... but i have until almost midnight to figure it out how to do links on wordpress - or not!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 98
VivikaEditor wrote
on 15 Apr 2014 9:50 AM

artypartygirrl, at minimum we need your wish list so if you win, we know what to send you. Links are encouraged, but are optional. Including them will not affect your chances either way. We mainly want to hear your story!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS