Help requested

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
su butler wrote
on 1 Jul 2014 4:06 PM

Hi all.....I have been scouring the internet for the past several days in search of a pattern my 89 yr old mother wishes to use to make a quilt.  The pattern is called STARDUST and was designed by Anne Donaghy Designs.  I cannot find a web presence for this designer, and all my inquiries to shops have come up empty.  I did find the address and phone of the designer and have written a snail mail inquiry, but that will take time.  I am not currently phoning as she is in Canada and I am in the USA and my phone does not have international calling.  If ANYONE can help me find a copy of this pattern to purchase I would be so very appreciative!  Mom needs a project and this one has caught her fancy.  I know quilters are such a sharing, kind community, I hope I can reach out for help!!  Thanks in advance!

Su

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on 3 Sep 2014 1:37 PM

Hi Su,

Just joined and haven't set up my bio yet but saw your request for help in finding Stardust.

I came across a pattern which looks to be the same (or at least very, very similar) - here is the link to the Craftsy which has it for sale: http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/home-decor/stardust-quilt/35064

Hope this helps.

Denise

Dragonfly1948

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
su butler wrote
on 3 Sep 2014 3:10 PM

HI Denise....thanks for taking the effort to look for the pattern!  The Stardust pattern I am seeking is quite different from this one.  The one you so kindly posted is done with log cabin, the one I am seeking is created with squares and parallelograms.   While I like the one you posted, this is for someone else who wants a very specific pattern to work from.  But I do thank you for taking the time to look and provide a link to what you thought was the pattern I am seeking!  Thanks so much!

Best,

Su :-)

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on 3 Sep 2014 3:28 PM

Well, it was worth a shot.

The only other web source I found was a link to a give-away back in 2009 (I think).

Seems Ann Donaghy has dropped off the face of the earth - or at least the web radar screen.

Sorry I wan't able to help.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
su butler wrote
on 3 Sep 2014 3:54 PM

No worries Denise...and THANKS again for trying!  I sincerely appreciate your effort!  I found that giveaway source as well, but they didn't know where to find another copy of the pattern.  And I agree, Anne Donaghy seems to have become completely invisible!  I even wrote to the address on the original pattern but never received a reply.  Oh well.....Mom and I are trying to figure out the pattern by ourselves.....so far so good, but she would much prefer to have proper sized templates to cut!   Anyway, thanks SO much for trying to help me!  

Best,

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on 3 Sep 2014 4:35 PM

If you want, I can re-create the pattern on my EQ7

I'll just need to know what size block/quilt your Mom wants to use and if you can give me color choices for the various patches, I can put a close color match.

She'll be able to see what the block/quilt will look like.

The EQ re-creation will give her the quantity of fabrics needed for each colorway and it will also provide templates for each patch (rotary cutting and paper-piecing)

I use EQ to design from scratch, all the quilts I make.

Let me know if this will help.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
su butler wrote
on 3 Sep 2014 4:51 PM

HI Denise...you are very kind to want to help and I thank you!  We have been playing with EQ7 (or is it 6?)  and have found a block that is the same as that used in the desired quilt.  We made a one block quilt the size Mom wants and then proceeded to make the templates.  We are working on getting the colors where she wants them now.   This quilt is done by piecing strips, cutting them and piecing them again and the color order is what we are working on now. This has been a real challenge for Mom and for me, as I am a VERY new quilter.....but quilts seem to be like puzzles....the pieces all fit together neatly.  And I love puzzles, so figuring out the size and shapes of the necessary pieces was a fun project!   It was just determining the sizeof the strips to cut for each of the different areas of the block that had us stumped for a while.  But a little algebra/trig worked that issue out.  Thanks again...you have been SO kind and willing to help and that deserves appreciation!!!  I do appreciate your help!

Best,

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on 3 Sep 2014 5:22 PM

Happy to hear.

Send along some pics when your Mom gets her quilt made - will be great to see them.

Best of luck.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS