Singer Quilting Circles Quilt Block Challenge

This post has 13 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
loribama wrote
on 15 Aug 2014 5:04 PM

What happened to this contest? The web page to vote for the entries has disappeared, as well as the link for it that was posted on the Quilting Daily facebook page.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
renbe4132 wrote
on 18 Aug 2014 9:35 AM

Google Singer sewing circle challenge and you will get the link.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 103
VivikaEditor wrote
on 18 Aug 2014 4:02 PM

Hi,

The page and the link are still there: http://www.quiltingdaily.com/content/SingerQuiltingCircles.aspx

The blog post with that info is here: http://www.quiltingdaily.com/blogs/quilting-daily/archive/2014/07/02/enter-the-quilting-arts-singer-39-quilting-circles-39-reader-challenge.aspx

If you lose it again, you can search for "Singer Circles" in our Search Engine in the upper right-hand corner of the home page. 

Good luck! 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
loribama wrote
on 1 Sep 2014 10:24 AM

Thank you. When and how will winners be announced? Is the final vote count on the webpage official?

Not Ranked
Posts 4
ritamae wrote
on 2 Sep 2014 11:07 PM

I tried to enter a quilt block and never received an answering email. :(

Not Ranked
Posts 4
ritamae wrote
on 2 Sep 2014 11:07 PM

I tried to enter a quilt block and never received an answering email. :(

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 903
Muppin wrote
on 3 Sep 2014 10:18 AM

ritamae - the contest ended Aug 31., so the submission process is closed now.

Cheryl

Not Ranked
Posts 6
loribama wrote
on 3 Sep 2014 4:16 PM

Then why have new entries been added today? How does this contest work? I thought when voting was over, winners would be announced. Now the page says, "Voting no longer available for round 1".  What does that mean?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 903
Muppin wrote
on 3 Sep 2014 4:26 PM

Loribama- I'm not seeing any new entries dated today.  There are no dates on any of them except one inside the photo dated 8/31, so I'm not seeing what you are seeing.  Voting ended 8/31 per the rules. When Singer selects and notifies the winners, I'm sure Quilting Daily's blog will carry the news.

Cheryl

Not Ranked
Posts 6
loribama wrote
on 4 Sep 2014 6:34 AM

Thanks for your reply. Two days ago (Sept 2), there were 77 blocks. As of yesterday, there are 85. It doesn't look like we can vote for the new blocks. I was just confused as to why they were added after the contest was over.  Before then, the "Happy Holidays" block was the last one added to the gallery.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 103
VivikaEditor wrote
on 4 Sep 2014 12:30 PM

Hi Everyone!

The contest is closed as of August 31 and Singer will be announcing the three top winners shortly. Once they do that, we will also announce it on Quilting Daily and Facebook, along with the names of the iron winners.

I'm not sure why people could still post entries. That should have ended automatically on August 31st. However, only entries posted by the 31st were considered.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
loribama wrote
on 8 Sep 2014 4:08 PM

Any winners yet? 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 65
Cate Prato wrote
on 10 Sep 2014 8:42 AM

Yes! We'll be putting the names up shortly! Thanks for your patience.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS