Posted to my blog, would like comments on embroidery

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 10 May 2009 4:45 PM

I am working on a piece that I do not think is finished. I am going to try relying on embroidery to complete the idea, so if you would check out my blog, perhaps you could help me come up with some ideas, so I can finish the piece.

Here is the link.

It would be nice to come to an understanding with the piece!

MellyMells

Author: Inspired to Quilt
Melanie Testa<--my art
Go play in your studio!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 96
TheNeedler wrote
on 10 May 2009 5:52 PM

Hi, Melli.  Congrats on your piece in CPS.  I enjoyed it a lot.  Now, to your embroidery.  Smooth flowing lines and muted color do not evoke Fierceness. Sharp jagged lines and strong contrasts do.    The tree line is an examp of sharp lines creating a feeling of roughness.  We see heat lightning in the distance and it doesn't bother us, but let it strike close to us with loud cracks and bangs and jagged lines and we say it is fierce.  The rounded soft script, even though the word means fierce or rough,   doesn't cause those feelings in us.  I think your rambling curved stitches should have been more angular and perhaps the lower portion could have used a more v- shaped stitch.  This is going to be a tough one to salvage and hit the meaning of the word. Please take this in the spirit in which it is given.  I sometimes I sound so critical when I'm really being analytical out loud.  I even beat myself up so bad that I have to put a piece away.  The bird and the two curved lines do strike a note in me and I like the quiet feeling of the moon over the treetops.   Good luck, and I hlpe you can find a workable solution......Jim D

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS