What sewing machine do you use?

This post has 111 Replies | 41 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on 3 Dec 2010 6:49 PM

I am using my 13, almost 14 year od Pfaff 7570 and haven't found anything I like any better.  Tried the Pfaff Creative.... it's not half the machine the 7570 is.  My machine went in the shop for the first time this year.  I was devistated..... no machine for 3 weeks????? Ahhh :) :)

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Sandra G wrote
on 4 Dec 2010 6:59 AM

Three weeks with no machine and you are still sane enough to write on this blog is amazing!!!

The 7570 is a wonderful machine and hopefully replacement parts will be available for many years. I have two Pfaff 2170's and I love them. They are the last of the great German engineered machines by Pfaff. A full rotary hook and heavy duty sewing capability. You may want to consider picking one up while they can still be found and also keep your 7570. The 2170 has many more sewing and embroidery features than the 7570, much larger embroidery hoops, and parts are likely to be available longer. I have used both machines and embroidery really is easier on a 2170.

The new Creative machines by Pfaff have drop in bobbins and do wonderful embroidery with very large hoops and work well for light sewing. Pfaff needs to go back to the German engineers and the rotary hook, they were unbeatable and made wonderful machines. Paired with today's technology they could design the machines that we all dream about.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on 11 Dec 2010 5:35 PM

I have a Bernina 440QE which I bought 6 1/2 years ago now.  It's an amazing machine, and doesn't miss a beat.  It had the BSR but I find I don't use that option much even though I do FMQ on it.  I've also owned a Janome in the past and I loved that machine.  I bought the Bernina because I wanted the Felting attachment, which I do have but don't use near as much as I'd like.  Not enough hours in the day.

Johoanna

Not Ranked
Posts 5
prisw66 wrote
on 31 Dec 2010 6:34 PM

Great!  I just know you will love your new Janome.  I have a 6600 and it does everything except sing and dance; and does it wonderfully.  The most impressive machine I have ever used!  Enjoy!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 1 Jan 2011 10:02 AM

I had a Pfaff 7560 that I sold to a friend this year...it also embroiders.  I traded my Pfaff 2124 twot years ago  for the Pfaff Creative Vision top of the line.  I love it, love it!  Huge embroideries and I also love that it seems to have all the things I have always wanted.  Also each year, for free I have been able to go one line and upgrade it to the new system, so it is really a 2011 machine.  I sew professionally and have a fabric and clothing shop, so it gets a lot of use.  I also have a 1996 Bernina 1260 that have been a good basic workhorse machine for me.  There are many fine machines out there and I tell people they need to sit down and sew on the machine and see what it does because not every machine is best for every person's needs.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
pinup wrote
on 16 Jan 2011 2:35 PM

I use a Bernina Artista 180 which is 10 years old now and is starting to cost me money. Have had a few repairs done under warranty but it was out of warranty when the computer "went!" However it was cheaper to fix than buy a new one. I also have a Bernina Record from the '70s and for FME it does a much better job than the 180.

Some of the Bernina's mentioned on here  have different Model numbers than we see in NZ. I guess they are region specific but feel sure they are available here under a different guise. I am looking at adding another machine and currently comparing a Janome 6600 and a Bernina 440QEI Just want something that quilts better and as it will have that limited use I don't want to spend a fortune. Some machines are priced the same as a small family car!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 16 Jan 2011 3:08 PM

Hi,

I have a Bernina 1000 which is not computerized, but I consider it my best old friend, It is so reliable.

I also sew on an Aurora 440 but have had some problems with the stitch regulator. I wish my 440 was as reliable as my 1000, but I guess the more intricate features a machine has, the more possibilities for someting to need further adjustments.

Page 8 of 8 (112 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8 | RSS