Hello from Montana

This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 51
MTRuth wrote
on 13 May 2009 10:56 AM

Hello everyone! I've just joined today and have been looking at some wonderful photos of all your work. Such talented people here. I have been playing with fibers for 3-4 years now. My favorites are felting and  freemotion machine embroidery. I do all kinds of felting including needle felting, wet felting and I have a Janome needle felting machine. It is such fun to combine all these techniques together.

It looks like there is tons of information here already so I've got to go poke around and see what I can learn. I'm always on the lookout to learn something new, whether it be a new technique or about design/color or anything else fiber art related.

I look foward to getting to know you all better,

Ruth

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 96
TheNeedler wrote
on 13 May 2009 3:02 PM

Welcome, Ruth.  Glad to have you in this forum also.  Loved your blog and especially your sketch books.  The stamps you created really sparked me.  I am now taking some of my photos and creating organic stamps.    There are some other very good felters here also.  I like the way you combine your pieces so that you can utilize more than 1 skill in a piece.......Jim D

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
on 14 May 2009 4:36 AM

Hi Ruth, it's so nice to see you here.

Terri Stegmiller, Mandan, ND
www.terristegmiller.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 895
Muppin wrote
on 14 May 2009 6:12 AM

Welcome Ruth, enjoy the site!

Thanks for the link to your blog!

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 51
MTRuth wrote
on 14 May 2009 9:24 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome! It is nice to see a lot of familiar faces here including Terri and Jim. Looks like this will be a fun forum.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 16 May 2009 1:21 AM

Ruth, I have a Janome felting machine as well. Maybe you can show give us some tips. I play with mine all the time but I can always learn more things!

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 275
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 16 May 2009 8:09 AM

Hi Ruth - I am intrigued by your avatar. Could you please tell us what it is? It reminds me of a lovely orange fungus that grows in our yard (no offense intended!).

TADA / BC

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 51
MTRuth wrote
on 16 May 2009 1:18 PM

No worries - it is a side view of a machine embroidered California Poppy. If you look in the photo section, you'll find a different view of it with a bit more explanation.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS