Easy Photo Copy transfers

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Shirl17 wrote
on 13 May 2009 1:57 PM

In a recent Quiltling Arts Emblishments piece on line There was a piece called Easy Photo Transfers by Lyric Kinard.  I wanted to try this technique but was puzzled when she said to make a final photocopy and then in brackets had - "note : laser or inkjet prints don't work well with this method".  Did I misunderstand something?  How else does one photocopy?   Please anyone who can advise me do so.  Thanks.  Shirl

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 96
TheNeedler wrote
on 13 May 2009 3:05 PM

A photocopy is ceeated on a copy machine that uses toner not ink.  You usually find these in offices or at a copy center...........Jim D 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
on 13 May 2009 4:55 PM

Hi Shirl,

I had trouble finding a toner copier because the copy centers no longer use them.  I finally went to my former school building (I'm a retired teacher) and they let me make copies.  These definitely worked but since the school is several miles away, I will have to have to get all my originals ready and organized before making the next trip (and also take treats for the secretaries) the next time I need copies.  I would suggest that you take some Citrasolv with you so you can test the copies made on any machine.   Good luck!   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 906
Muppin wrote
on 14 May 2009 6:24 AM

Hmmm...  My laser printer uses toner, not ink....  I wonder why that won't work?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 51
MTRuth wrote
on 14 May 2009 9:22 AM

I did this on my laser printer copies and it worked. I think just experimenting and seeing what works is the best idea.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS