Hello from Flagstaff, AZ!

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 32
tiedyejudy wrote
on 16 May 2009 7:11 AM

Hi, all.  My name is Judy Sall, and I am an art and landscape quilter from Flagstaff, AZ.  I have been an artist/crafter since I was a small girl, but only in the past couple of years have I really become involved with making quilts.  My primary creative outlet for the past 11 years has been tie-dye clothing.  Then in 2007, I took a class in Surface Design techniques from Melly Testa, and my life changed!  Suddenly I had a whole new set of tools I could use with dyes and fabric: screen printing, soy wax batik, stamping, monoprinting... it blew me away!  That's also when I subscribed to Quilting Arts magazine, and that too blew me away!  I discovered a whole community of quilters and artists who share their skills and knowledge, inspiring me to keep trying new things... what a life!   Now I am joining this forum in hopes it will help me continue to grow and flourish as a fiber artist.  I can't wait to dive in!

Judy   

Judy Sall

www.tiedyejudy.blogspot.com

'Busy hands are happy hands... especially when fabric, dye, thread, beads, etc., are involved!' 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 16 May 2009 4:09 PM

Welcome Judy. Glad to hear that Melly is such a positive influence!  She is a wonderful artist! I hope that you will share your art with us.  I tie dye as well. I have the fingers to prove it.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 902
Muppin wrote
on 18 May 2009 6:14 AM

HI Judy!  Welcome!   We're big fans of Melly here too!  I can't wait for her video challenges.  There's a thread going on about them on the forums.

Cheryl

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS