60's Stule remake

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 34
thegrita wrote
on 1 Jun 2009 8:17 AM

I have remade 60's Style and think I have worked out the perspective problems I was having. I also changed the background fabrics to more neutrals and am much more happy with the results. It is the same size 30 x 21

Comments welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 468
okieLinda wrote
on 1 Jun 2009 3:26 PM

I like it better now , perspective is a bugger to say the least at least for me, my thought was 'wheres the chicken ?'  :)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 34
thegrita wrote
on 1 Jun 2009 4:36 PM

Linda, My my my what a chuckle I just had when I read this post. I had a thing about the rooster but someone commeneted to me that it didn.t quite fit. I am more upset at the over the loss of the rooster than the mustang, oh well maybee it will find its way in in the final piece.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
mary j3 wrote
on 4 Jun 2009 8:53 PM

Thegrita - I liked both animals - chicken and horse (car)- wouldn't 3 cars balance better? Good job with the road widening a bit as it approaches the viewer. I also like the car theme from the 60's. Are you a car buff or making this for a someone who is? IT's good for us to see other quilting topics.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 34
thegrita wrote
on 5 Jun 2009 10:44 AM

I have made several pieces that use vintage vehicles and I love trying to simulate the worn and rusted look that these vehicles have.I guess it is a style of art that is off the beaten path.

I did have 3 cars in the original the third was the Mustang, ( you can see in other post 60's style). I took out the mustang because I was not happy with the pictures angle and I was trying to force a fit that of course did not work.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 238
Jody Johnson wrote
on 5 Jun 2009 7:14 PM

Hi Rita,

I like this layout much better than your first. I find it lighter without the dark green fabric and it has a more vintage feel. Your red car stands out quite a bit now.

The whole piece makes me think of Route 66 in the movie Cars.

Great job!

Jody

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS