Fiberarts - Summer Issue

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 133
on 10 Jun 2009 3:06 PM

Does no-one else subscriber to Fiberarts?  Poor little forum, with no discussions yet.

I've been taking the magazine for many years, even as a UK subscriber - it keeps me informed of what's going on in the world of textiles.  Such a wide ranging look at textile art.  QA and CPS are the only magazines I take which offer projects or how to items.

Admittedly I'm behind in my reading, but I have the Summer issue - mad that I am any new one and I immediately to the page to see what's coming next time!!!  I've only flicked through, but was really drawn to the pics (not read the article yet) of Lesley Richmond, it looks sumptuous, and I've saved for when I've proper time to read it.

Anyone else?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 469
on 10 Jun 2009 8:09 PM

I am also a subscriber... I love the avant-garde approach they take to seeking out cutting edge ideas, artists and movements in the textile arts. It's helped me push my boundaries of what I think of as "art", and that's always a thrill. I was particularly wow'd by the most recent Summer 2009 issue.

- Judi

My Blog   My Art

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 79
arlee wrote
on 12 Jun 2009 3:16 PM

I'm not a subscriber, but i do occassionally buy it. It seems more accessible lately, not just intellectualizing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the latest issue especially seeing Lesley's work: she was my surface design/design teacher at Capilano College in the early 90's.

Now blogging here. Portfolio here.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS