Quiltie Shape Challenge - June/July 2009

This post has 91 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 28
on 20 Jul 2009 10:03 PM

This square quiltie is made of fabric paper on navy felt with machine embroidery, embossing, and stamping. 

Denise in Mendota, IL

My blog

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
marti13 wrote
on 23 Jul 2009 8:21 AM

My quiltie is called "Amy's New Door"

Marti in Houston, Texas

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 28
on 23 Jul 2009 9:03 AM

Marti, love the silver bling of "Amy's New Door"!  It contrasts nicely with the red fabrics.

Denise in Mendota, IL

My blog

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
marti13 wrote
on 23 Jul 2009 9:10 AM

Thank you Denise!  The silver bling numbers and letters came from the local scrapbooking store.  They are called Thickers:  http://www.americancrafts.com/category.php?id=29

Marti in Houston, Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 24 Jul 2009 5:17 AM

Denise,

I love the background colors and the shimmer.   The stitching gives the color structure.  I like the images in the background. I like searching for things in a collage.  I love not having things shout out at me but they are there for me to find.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 24 Jul 2009 5:19 AM

Marti,

I have always been drawn to the door shape.  It is great how the letters and numbers contrast to the reds.  I like the horizontal striping of reds. Now, what or where are you going to put this door? I would be interested in seeing that.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 28
on 25 Jul 2009 11:35 AM

Jakquil's starfish:

Resourceful and creative!  I especially like the technique of couching over the perle cotton - it looks great!

Denise in Mendota, IL

My blog

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 28
on 25 Jul 2009 6:43 PM

Rectangles

This piece was constructed from rectangles layered and machine quilted in a grid pattern.    I added sleeves to the back side to make a removable book cover.  It fits a 6" x 8" journal. 

Denise in Mendota, IL

My blog

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
jakquil wrote
on 26 Jul 2009 12:45 PM

Very niice, we are going to make notebook covers at our next sewing meeting, I have drawn inspiration from this piece.

Joan

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 35
QE2 wrote
on 28 Jul 2009 5:28 AM

A little rough but I'm pretty pleased with the shapes which are leaves.  I only had a small bit of the 'perfect' fabric and needed 3 leaves that will be attached to a small wall hanging.  The batting is the very thinnest I could find in my leftover pile.  I used a very small zigzag and then free motioned the spine and veins.  I cut them out and added more zigzag to the edges.  The slight waviness adds to their charm.  They are quite small and that does present its own problems.

Elle

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
marti13 wrote
on 28 Jul 2009 5:53 AM

Belinda Spiwak:

Marti,

I have always been drawn to the door shape.  It is great how the letters and numbers contrast to the reds.  I like the horizontal striping of reds. Now, what or where are you going to put this door? I would be interested in seeing that.

The door was mailed to my friend Amy. She loves it!

Marti in Houston, Texas

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 28
on 28 Jul 2009 7:15 AM

Elle, Love your three quilted fabric leaves.  I can see why you chose them for the "perfect" fabric!  The quilting gives them a nice body  - great effect!

Denise in Mendota, IL

My blog

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
marti13 wrote
on 28 Jul 2009 4:38 PM

denisemarie53:

Elle, Love your three quilted fabric leaves.  I can see why you chose them for the "perfect" fabric!  The quilting gives them a nice body  - great effect!

I also love those leaves!

Marti in Houston, Texas

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
marti13 wrote
on 28 Jul 2009 4:42 PM

jakquil,

Recyling and mixed media.  Perfect!

Marti in Houston, Texas

Page 5 of 7 (92 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next > | RSS