My Muse is getting in the way of my current project!

This post has 9 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
marti13 wrote
on 18 Jun 2009 1:14 PM

I know I should not complain that The Muse is visiting me, but I am trying to finish a fabric birthday card.  "Card" is a 5 x 7 inch quilt:  a mask made out of different colors of dupioni silks with a batik background.  Fusing was used and I am using size 11 seed beads around each shape in the mask.  Very tedious, as I am often going through several layers of fused fabric.  I am facing the quilt instead of using binding, and decided that I had to do the machine part of the facing before I started beading around the shapes near the edge. 

Just don't let me near any anvils today, as I would mess them up!  First I sewed the wrong seam allowance on the side facing, then I forgot that I had to trim the sides before I do the top and bottoms, and etc.!

My mind is racing trying to plan the quilt for Belinda Spiwak's challenge:  http://www.quiltingdaily.com/forums/t/1433.aspx

Sometimes The Muse abandons me for months and months. Today, she is right in my face!  I will be happy to loan my muse to one of you for a few days, so I can finish this birthday card quilt.

Marti in Houston, Texas

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 133
on 18 Jun 2009 2:34 PM

Marti, ideas always come along at the most inconvenient time I find.  Got to go out for the day, no escape, and suddenly all these brilliant ideas.  Have to put all the stash away because of something domestic, and suddenly itching to get on with something.  My problem is holding that idea, holding the excitement of it, until there is free time to get on with it.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 469
on 18 Jun 2009 2:42 PM

LOL poor Marti! :D Send me some muse vibes, I can always use extras. Good luck with your card... hope you post a photo of it, it sounds wonderful!

- Judi

My Blog   My Art

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
marti13 wrote
on 18 Jun 2009 4:22 PM

Judi,  I have to get this card done, as it has to be mailed.  I will post a pic of it when it's completed. 

I just sent my muse to your house did you catch her?

Marti in Houston, Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 469
on 18 Jun 2009 5:20 PM

marti:

I just sent my muse to your house did you catch her?

I did, but then we got in the pool together and when I looked around again, she'd gone off by herself somewhere. LOL

(Actually, my sewing machine was in the shop this afternoon, so I found myself unexpectedly without anything pressing to do. It was kinda nice. :D)

- Judi

My Blog   My Art

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 18 Jun 2009 8:51 PM

Marti, I am sorry that I got your muse working overtime. :D

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 469
on 19 Jun 2009 7:26 AM

Belinda Spiwak:

Marti, I am sorry that I got your muse working overtime. :D

No you're not! LOL

Nice article in the new CPS, I'm gonna give it a try, Belinda. :D

- Judi

My Blog   My Art

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 55
marti13 wrote
on 23 Jun 2009 2:28 PM

Finished the quilt!  http://www.quiltingdaily.com/forums/t/1549.aspx

I hope my muse is still wandering around some where.  I need to finish sewing on the binding of a traditional-pieced couch cuddle quilt I made for my sister.   (A couch cuddle quilt is at least 45 x 72 inches.)

Marti in Houston, Texas

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 274
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 23 Jun 2009 2:43 PM

MY muse is stuck in my head and can't get out, so I took it outside to the garden. Part of my lack of amuse (intended pun) is the renovation my husband is doing in our kitchen and the resulting dust and drywall chips all over ... and the other part is the very fine weather we have been enjoying for close to 4 weeks. Unseasonal for this part of the west coast of BC. I hope to be back at the fusible web soon!

TADA / BC

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 890
Muppin wrote
on 24 Jun 2009 5:37 AM

My muse is in overdrive, but I'm too busy to anything she's telling me to do!!!  Work and family ar getting in the way at the moment, but I am hoping that the July 4th holiday weekend will give me some time to play.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS