AQS Knoxville quilt show and Quilts with a Kick Show

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 86
riverart wrote
on 25 Jul 2009 7:12 AM

I just returned from the AQS show in Knoxville and had a wonderful time.   As always I enjoyed the Ultimate Guild Challenge quilts the best.  The merchants mall had many things to get the creative juices flowing.  My DH went along and to his delight found a Bass Pro Shop only 15 minutes from our motel.   I would encourge everyone to check it out at least once.  This show is not as overwhelming as Paducha, it might be a good place to start if you have never been to an AQS show.

On our return drive home we stopped in Berea, KY to see a small gallery show called:  Quilts With a Kick.  Some of those quilts are outstanding!  Quilts With a Kick are a group of quilters called the QAK (Quilts Artists of Kentucky).  It is an affilate group of KHQS (Kentucky Heritage Quilt Society).  They have been showing quilts in the Berea Art Council Gallery for 5 years.  As you look at the show you will see the birds toward the bottom of the page.  Those are a special interest goup that was invited to show along with the QAK group.  Click on Quilts With a Kick, then scroll down and click for more quilts.  My quilt is I See London, I See France.    Enjoy the show:

www.bereaartscouncil.org

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 10
KimE15 wrote
on 27 Jul 2009 8:33 AM

Thanks for sharing the link to the Quilts With a Kick!  What a great collection of work!  I wish I lived in that area so I could visit it in person but at least I was able to view it on my computer, thanks to you!  Your quilt was delightful!  Thanks again!

Kim

KimE

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 86
riverart wrote
on 28 Jul 2009 5:16 AM

The moth and the lions were really beautiful in person.  Much better then on the computer.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS