Starting to work on miniture quilts

This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
on 28 Jul 2009 5:05 PM

Mixed media collage-type quilts: kind of like crazy quilting- I'm very excited about it! This gives me no boundries! I get to quilt, embellish with any differant types of materials, embroider... The possibilities are endless!

Tracy Cornell

www.BragginRights.net

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 892
Muppin wrote
on 3 Aug 2009 9:10 AM

Hi bragginrights! I started making quilts under 8 inches 3 years ago and haven't looked back since.  Have fun, and be sure to post what you made so we can see it!

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 469
on 3 Aug 2009 10:09 AM

Hi! :D I found that making little quilts is a great way for me to learn to quilt- I love puttering with them and using them as experiments for different techniques. The possibilities do feel endless. :D

- Judi

My Blog   My Art

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 35
QE2 wrote
on 3 Aug 2009 11:43 AM

I have a collection of small doll quilts in a medium basket that I've made over the years.  If I could find another  place to stick them I could refill it with little art quilts.  I'd be learning new things as well.  Definitely a possibility that would keep on keeping on!  8^)  

Elle

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on 3 Aug 2009 12:07 PM

I'm not quite sure how I intend to do it- I definetly kknow that I love the look of the "collage-type" style, using different mediums, adding multiple textures, incorporating embroidery, etc. I'd like to sell them in my shop as wall hangings, so I was thinking about 12 X 12, with a good stabalizer so they don't fold up upon hanging. I like to sketch- and I thought about doind some free hand sketching and embroidering it, while turning it into a quilt block. So many ideas! I've been stashing pieces of everything in order to repurpose, and find uses for them, (scrap embrouoidery thread, ribbon pieces, fabric scraps, etc- I have quite the collection right now! I will definitly show you what I start out with once I complete it! I've been working on other orders, and haven't yet had the time to staart, but it's coming up real soon!

~Tracy :-)

Tracy Cornell

www.BragginRights.net

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on 3 Aug 2009 12:09 PM

I think that's why I love the idea- there are really no boundaries!

Tracy Cornell

www.BragginRights.net

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on 3 Aug 2009 12:18 PM

You just need t get another basket!!!

LOL  :-)

Tracy Cornell

www.BragginRights.net

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS