About gelatin printing

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 251
cousette wrote
on 10 Aug 2009 9:07 AM

Through different articles and the one in your last magazine(sept.),I heard of gelatin printing.I like the good description Frances Holliday Alford gives us,and I'm amazed of the results.  Before trying this method, I'd like to know " why use gelatin ? what advantages do we get ?"

Can anyone answer me ? thanks in advance,Josette.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 51
MTRuth wrote
on 10 Aug 2009 10:59 AM

In my opinion, the reason to use gelatin printing is the breakdown of the surface as you continue to print. You get cracks etc. in the gelatin that make your result much more organic.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 238
Jody Johnson wrote
on 10 Aug 2009 8:31 PM

Thanks Ruth, I was wondering the same thing. I have already gone out and bought my gelatin but was wondering what the advantages were too.

Jody

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 139
reginabdunn wrote
on 11 Aug 2009 12:14 PM

I'm not sure of the advantages but if you want to see more how the gelatin is used, there are several tutorials on U-Tube that illustrate how it works and how to get good designs from it. I think you can just go to U-Tube and search for gelatin monoprinting.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 139
reginabdunn wrote
on 11 Aug 2009 1:15 PM

I just looked up the address for the tutorial that was so good. Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy0JG-TEWf8&feature=related

It was made by Linda Germaine. It shows some great possibilities on how it can be used to make beautiful designs.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99
pandabolt wrote
on 21 Aug 2009 5:30 PM

Ah...the best reason is because it feels so darned squishy and fun.  Very tactile.

Loved that Utube video.

Peggy Holt

Missoula, Montana

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS