Finishing the shirt

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 139
reginabdunn wrote
on 11 Aug 2009 12:05 PM

I posted a photo of a brown t-shirt in the Photo Gallery today. I like how it looks so far, but I think that it needs more done to it. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can add to it? I want to keep it so that it is machine washable and can go in the dryer so I don't want to add something like foil or a lot of beads. I'd appreciate suggestions.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on 6 Oct 2014 11:30 PM

Hi, I know its kinda late to reply to this, but I just want to share something about the topic. First, I really appreciate your interest in wearable arts , Its a very good hobby actually and I'm sure you do have the skills and talent to have it done.  As for my preference, I go for adding beads on shirts. I have tried it before and it looks great and attractive. I don't have the idea about the foil, just maybe you have tried it too. I am sure, there's nothing wrong in having new things when it comes to arts.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 231
ckquilter wrote
on 11 Oct 2014 2:00 AM

another idea - a frend of mine sells the hot fix crystals. she has a number of t shirts, that i have seen her wear for years. notjust one or two, but 7 or 8.

and they have lots of crystals on them. i was skeptical at first - did not think they could possibly be that sturdy. but i have seen otherwise.

the crystals can be attached in your own design.   they also come as prearranged designs - lots of different ones available.

i have only one blouse i have added them to - and that was years ago. and have not had a single problem. the blouse just goes thru regular wash and dryer. i don't doany special handling at all.

as a bonus, they are very fast and easy to attach. lots quicker than hand beading.  although there are more types of beads available.

ckquilter

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS