Hello from Washington, UK

This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
ElleJay2 wrote
on 20 Sep 2009 1:32 PM

I did register a while ago but I forgot to say Hello, so Hello. I'm more of a mixed media artist than a quilter, but I've recently made three mini quilts as it's something I've wanted to do for some time. I enjoyed making them, but I'm not sure I would have the patience to make a big quilt, but you never know.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 133
on 21 Sep 2009 1:49 AM

Hi Ellejay and welcome

I'm also a fellow Brit, and similar to you  too, as in also C&G Embroidery and also describe myself as Mixed Media and not as a Quilter.  Your website looks terrific, beautiful art work.  Many congrats.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
ElleJay2 wrote
on 21 Sep 2009 8:30 AM

Hi, Thanks for getting in touch and your kind comments. I love your scandinavian collection - & that's another thing I used to do too - knitwear - although I just used to do motifs [when it was the fashion] and not the intricate items you do. Best Wishes, Linda

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 905
Muppin wrote
on 22 Sep 2009 3:07 PM

Welcome to the forums ElleJay!  Our moderator Belinda is a mixed media artist, too!

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 25 Sep 2009 4:47 AM

HI ElleJay

Yes, I am a mixed media artist.  I do small mixed media art quilts all the time.I have an unfinished on sitting on my bedroom floor just sticking it's tongue at me right now whenever I walk by it because I don't have time to finish it. 

I do fabric post cards a lot and send them all around the world.  I love doing them because they are fast and easy and other artists love to get them.  I am working on a Dear Friend series right now. 

What I do quite a bit is break my big quilts apart and work on them in sections and then put them together again to create a big quilt. I don't have an industrial sewing machine yet and it's easier for me to work on quilts in sections.  I am not a patient person either. Since I don't have the skills or technical knowledge a traditional quilter has, I use the knowledge I have from mixed media art and "wing" it.  It's a lot more fun that way.  I am picking up a lot of knowledge along the way from art books, QA, and Vids (when I have time to watch them).

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS