small christmas LED lights

This post has 2 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 227
caren12 wrote
on 28 Feb 2010 9:39 AM

I have been toying with the idea of mounting a small string of LED christmas lights onto a small wallhanging.  I haven't figured out how to do it yet.  Either the cordes are too long or the battery pack is too heavy!  Any ideas or has someone out there already successfully completed  such a task????

Caren

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 28
on 2 Mar 2010 1:43 AM

Hi Caren, I know someone who put small LED lights into the top of an evening gown. I will contact her and get her to look here, she may be able to help.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
lyndawo wrote
on 2 Mar 2010 4:31 AM

Hello Caren

Barbara asked me to contace you.  I put the lights into the bodice of a gown by couching them down onto the background and then covering everything (except where the light tips were) with lace and similar.  I had the battery pack in a concealed pocket.

I also put some into a wall hanging - an embroidered galaxy and surrounding stars.  This one was done on one of those pre-bought streched canvases on a wooden frame.  I finished my embroidering (not directly onto the canvas) and then from the front decided where I wanted the lights to appear by laying them out on top.  I took note of the placement using a glass head pin and then working with the lights from behind, I made small holes and poked them through, stitching them in place.  Then the whole lot was stretched over the canvas and frame - the battery pack tucked in behind the canvas frame.

In both cases it worked well - although the flashing setting on the Christmas Lights often doesn't like to work - don't know if that's just the ones I have, or if it is because the lights are effectively enclosed by fabric.

Hope this helps

Lynda (www.lyndaanne.com)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS